chad hendersons bbc buick pics

hype496

hype496
looking to find some info on his car interested in big cheif motor in same car like to get some pics

Here's a few pics that my brother took of it from this past Orlando WSN race..

Dusty Bradford knows the car very well and could probably hook you up with any info you need on this car.

Attachments

• IMGP2041.JPG
    IMGP2041.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 290
  • IMGP2043.JPG
    IMGP2043.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 306
I may have some on my external HDD from Huntsville last Oct. I'll look tomorrow.

That pic doesn't show his new Lemons headers. That's really the only thing that's different than any other Big Cheif motor. The car was originally a small block car when he bought it out Florida. They made the first set of headers themselves but Lemons built him a set last winter.

Stock suspension with parts from TRZ.

Hey dusty hows it going i was going to get in touch with you about this do you think we could get pics of this car or get in touch with him i'm told it's stock suspension too.I live in canada building bbc gn clone chads car is awsome and i hear it kicks ass do you know if it's a glide or turbo 400 i'm curious what it weighs?Anyways i appreciate any info and if chad dosn't want to give out any info thats understandable thanks by the way i love your car to dusty that baby hauls ass too

Thanks for the compliments.

What sort of pics or info were you looking for? The motor looks identical to the pic posted. Nothing special about the roll cage or suspension either. All control arms in front and rear are from TRZ with a TRZ anti-roll bar.

It weighs 3350 with an aluminum tall deck block. He runs a Powerglide and converter from PTC here in Alabama. He went 4.92 with a 1.22 60 foot with the 8.5 rear but if it ever shook the tires it would kill the ring gear so he now has the new 9 inch from moser. Motor is out now and he's taking off the older big cheifs for the newer style CFE heads.

The car works very good. It's really nothing magic, just a ton of testing and broken parts trying to figure it out. When your using that much nitrous you have to be on top of the tune-up. He has burnt a couple pistons already this year because the carb company he deals with freshend the carb and changed the boosters without telling him. It was causing a rich condition and burnt some parts. If you need a nitrous system set-up let me know. The NOS rep (Monty Smith) that tunes Chads car lives 5 minutes from me and does all the flow work and will give you a starting tune-up.

i was just wondering if he braced the frame at all like the upper and lower 4 link mounts or extra stiffing it. i cant beleive he was running the 8.5 rear behind that motor .Isthat thing pulling the wheels on drag radials i was thinking of starting chassis setup with slicks then putting the radials on.i got a shot of it pulling the front wheels big time i was curios on setting up this wolfe setup pinion angle and stuff just put in fab9 and strange coil overs myself.he must of had lemons custom build header because of thetall deck. i put 21/8 headers on mine and one tube touches the body big time. is it 10 inch or 9 inch converter i will be interested in a converter soon also would be awsome to hook up with monty any performance expertise in canada sucks!i sure appreciate any help thanks

I can give you Monty's # anytime you need it.

Chad has maybe 1 inch of front end travel. We all have to keep the front ends tied down or they will do nothing but wheelstand. Lemons built the custom headers for him.

We use all stock mounting points on the body and rear. The body mounts for the control arms are braced which is a must. Use the spherical bushings on the uppers and set pinion angle at -1.5 to -4.

What size and rate spring do you run on the rear coil overs?? The rear shock settings and spring rate is very important.

When you get ready for a converter I can get you one. It's a custom 9.5 from PTC.

dusty i put trz frontend on mine with the big drop in lower arm also curios if he runs 24 inch or 26 front ya can you pm his number i would appreciate it thankyou!

Man your not kidding that stacks monte is tuned well every video i watch that thing launches perfect every time.