CEL code 41?

gthmcty1

It says it is a bad "mem-cal"? Not that familiar so I am hoping someone can point me in the correct direction to troubleshoot this code? I cleared it twice and then disconnected the negative batt terminal for 1 minute and it came back twice.

Any idea what triggers this and if so what can I check? This is a NA V6 engine.

What year first off?

If it's the calpac then you most likely have a bad calpac or a bad puter.

The calpac is inside the ECM. You've got 2 chips in it that can be removed. One's the programable chip and the other is the calpac. The ECM is in the right kick pannel.

The calpac is inside the ECM. You've got 2 chips in it that can be removed. One's the programable chip and the other is the calpac. The ECM is in the right kick pannel.

Can these be replaced? If so from where, and autozone?

What is this I found this inside the kick panel with the ECM...Its looks like a MAP sensor?

IMG_20110813_153320.jpg

The BARO sensor and MAP sensor are the same, but one is hooked to the engine vacuum and the other is open to the air. The MAP will be in the engine compartment.

For the ECM, try pulling it out, clean up all the contracts and reconnect it. Same for the chip. You'll find it behind a small access panel on the ECM. Often the contacts simply become corroded.

The BARO sensor and MAP sensor are the same, but one is hooked to the engine vacuum and the other is open to the air. The MAP will be in the engine compartment.

For the ECM, try pulling it out, clean up all the contracts and reconnect it. Same for the chip. You'll find it behind a small access panel on the ECM. Often the contacts simply become corroded.

Thanks for the tips guys