Cedar Point, Top Thrill Dragster

EightSecV6

MDBL
Just got back from Ohio (vacation) and what a change of pace from Baltimore! If it were'nt for Cedar Point we would have died from boredom, I guess you have to be a local to know where to go or what to do, the vacation/tourist center on 250 sure wasnt much help! Where in the heck are all the 7 11's? We did take the kids to the "African Safari" about 15 mins from Sandusky, I swear I thought I was in the Iraqi National Zoo!!!!
Our first time at CP and it was a blast! I waited 2.5 hours to ride Top Thrill Dagster and would have done it again if I could have gotten away with it!!The wait on the following day approached 4 hrs. They are still having alot of trouble out of it, I saw it NOT make it up the hill twice and reach terminal velocity BACKWARDS by accident!!!! Several other coasters that are matched by none that I have ever ridden.
We stayed at Bayshore Estates in the motorhome, very nice, actually nicer than the campground at the park from what I saw. If you are into casters, this is definately the place!
Bill

Hey Bill, glad you enjoyed our roller-coaster-capital-of-the-world! I didn't get to ride the TT Dragster as they kept shutting it down last time I was there. Millenium Force is the better ride as it lasts much longer than the 20 second TT Dragster ride.

Yeah, the Sandusky area is pretty lame if you get caught in the touristy part. You should have taken a ferry to one of the islands at Put-In-Bay...or better yet, asked some of us locals for pointers. ;)

Put-in Bay is blast. You werent that far from Cleveland,we could have steered you in the right direction

Man! I can't believe you fell for that African Safari! A quick post here would have saved you time and money. Cedar Point to me is hands down the best park in the world. Take a jet boat ride to put-in-bay and Kelly's Island next time.

James

I live about 30 minutes from Cedar Point... Used to work there when I was a teen actually. That place is always packed and the newest ride is ALWAYS at least 2 hours of wait. Haven't been there in years ;)

-Justin