CCW 17x10 on all 4 corners

mario65

Hot Roddicus Supersonicus
4 CCW classics polished 17x10, 5" backspace. The rub(ill install 1/4 spacer in the front and rear(rub only on a frame on the front at full turn)

phone pics

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

It looks great. I'd call it a success until you hit a serious bump and tear up the sidewalls with the trim (been there, done that). Be careful.

You'll begin to sacrifice a lot if you decide to lower it.

Also learn to resize your pictures.

4 CCW classics polished 17x10, 5" backspace. The rub(ill install 1/4 spacer in the front and rear(rub only on a frame on the front at full turn)

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

Looks good! John @ CCW does know what he's talking about when it comes to these cars...

I have 18 x 9.5" up front and 18 x 10" out back with 4.74" BS (no frame notch) and I have no rubbing issues! ;)

Scot W.

Looks good! John @ CCW does know what he's talking about when it comes to these cars...

I have 18 x 9.5" up front and 18 x 10" out back with 4.74" BS (no frame notch) and I have no rubbing issues! ;)

Scot W.

thanks I m stoked. The polished look is perfect with the chrome kit.

I actually bought them from a guy used but perfect. They were on a C3 vette.

The tires are worn so I feel good about not messing them up until I am sure they dont rub.

This is my 6th set of CCW's (sp20, 505a, 500, 2 classics) on different cars. They make awesome rims.

They look great front and rear, very stock look on the fender lip.

I have about 3/8 inch spacing from the frame in the rear which is more than I had on 4th gen birds with 11's.

On the front, the inside wheel touches the a rear a-frame at full turn. Outside of that the look and rubbing is not a problem.

I think Ill go with ET style lugs and 1/4 spacers in the front and rear just to be safe.

I like the stock height now but I want to go to a set of eibachs soon. Ill run it for a while and see.

I have the fender roller on the way now and will work them over as soon as it arrives.

Ill end up with nitto 55r 275/40/17 in the front and nitto DR 275r/40/17 in the rear. I cant stop the wheel spin in second gear right now.

What might I run into with the eibachs and bilsteins?

4th gen f-body front sways are the same right? I have a set of hotchkis bars.

Do 4th gen fbody springs work?

It looks great. I'd call it a success until you hit a serious bump and tear up the sidewalls with the trim (been there, done that). Be careful.

You'll begin to sacrifice a lot if you decide to lower it.

Also learn to resize your pictures.

Your car messed me up so many times. It was one of the reasons I went this route. Where did you run into problems ? Front or rear? fenders or frames?

Hows the size now ?

Size matters on monitors. I use a 30" samsung.

Looking good I actually spoke to john today, thanks scot for the hook up. I willbe going with a 17x10 out back and 17x9up front

I seen those on Corvettes and they look badass. also on a few mustang cobras but this was rgw first set (other then scots) that I have seen. them aint cheap either

Your car messed me up so many times. It was one of the reasons I went this route. Where did you run into problems ? Front or rear? fenders or frames?

Everywhere.

In the front I've cut out the inner fenders and rolled them, and welded on new steering limiters to the lower control arms to keep the tires off the frame and swaybar. Granted I run the B-body spindles so it changes things a bit compared to stock.

Out back the trim and wheel lips were gone when I bought the car. What was left was rolled tightly back into itself and stretched as much as possible using a fender roller. The frame is factory stock. I think the kids call it "hellaflush", we call it "hellarubber". LOL.

During mock-up:
pics%20003a.jpg

pics%20004a.jpg

pics%20008a.jpg

Hell, even with just 10s and 285s Scot had to rework his car with a fender roller to keep it from rubbing: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/2437539-post72.html

Fitting 11s (or 11.5, still not sure) and 315s isn't exactly the same challenge. To make an omelet you are going to have to break some eggs... I just happened to use a sledge hammer to do it.

Hows the size now ?

Size matters on monitors. I use a 30" samsung.

It is fine. It was the "pixelation" that looked like crap... even on my 20-something inch wide screen monitor.

I am going to recommend Nitto NT05 and NT05Rs for tires... stay away from that old 555R crap.

Everywhere.

In the front I've cut out the inner fenders and rolled them, and welded on new steering limiters to the lower control arms to keep the tires off the frame and swaybar. Granted I run the B-body spindles so it changes things a bit compared to stock.

Out back the trim and wheel lips were gone when I bought the car. What was left was rolled tightly back into itself and stretched as much as possible using a fender roller. The frame is factory stock. I think the kids call it "hellaflush", we call it "hellarubber". LOL.

During mock-up:
pics%20003a.jpg

pics%20004a.jpg

pics%20008a.jpg

Hell, even with just 10s and 285s Scot had to rework his car with a fender roller to keep it from rubbing: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/2437539-post72.html

Fitting 11s (or 11.5, still not sure) and 315s isn't exactly the same challenge. To make an omelet you are going to have to break some eggs... I just happened to use a sledge hammer to do it.

It is fine. It was the "pixelation" that looked like crap... even on my 20-something inch wide screen monitor.

I am going to recommend Nitto NT05 and NT05Rs for tires... stay away from that old 555R crap.

thanks for those pics. I am definitely staying away from the 315's. I will run the 275's. I have lots of left over tires from the cars I have had. I have 6 315's nittos and a pair of 275 nitto's that are like new. So I will use them.

I have fender roller now. Would you do anything light on the front?

I dont want to cut.

Ill shoot some real pics soon. Those are phone pics.

Would you do anything light on the front?

Remove the 2 or 3 bolts that run along the top of the inner fender (they are holding the inner fender halves together)... they are nasty little f*ckers on the side walls.

Be gentle with that roller on the rear as you'll be rolling double wall pinch welded steel (tough as nails). You may or may not want to take the stainless wheel well trim off first.

Let me explain a bit more on this, The tires didn't rub AT ALL with the hotchkis lowering springs until there was more than 3 people in the car and even then it only rubbed on the pass side, and the rubbing was so minor it never made a mark on the sidewall of the tire! So just to be safe I rolled the fender lips & Molding by hand with a hammer (Not a fender roller) and I don't really consider it "Reworking my Car" by just rolling the fender lips!! The front was left stock (untouched) and still is to date! New plans are in store for it this year and it's something Never seen on a TB before.

Those look great. I would have thought they stick out more in the front. I had those on my C5, really good wheels and John's a nice guy too.
Very light and strong wheels to top it off.

Those look great. I would have thought they stick out more in the front. I had those on my C5, really good wheels and John's a nice guy too.
Very light and strong wheels to top it off.

As they are with no spacer they should only be 1/4 inch farther out than Scotts. If Scott wouldnt have done his car and it look so good I wouldnt have even thought that CCW classics would look so good.