ccci fuse popped

84sithlord

what would be the culprit of that? i ass ume something i did while putting top end back together. let me know if i have a proper understanding of this, if the ccci fuse pops, it pops to save the ign control module right? could it still be fried (it is one from advanced). the car did start and run before i parked it to change head gaskets. i haven't run through the no-start check list do to the heat down here. any leads or tips greatly appreciated.

I diagnosed mine by putting a new fuse in it. Turned the key on and it popped it again. I then put a new fuse in and unpluged the ignition module. Turned the key on. The fuse was fine. Therefore, I new it was the module. Worth a try.

i put the new fuse in the other day. it didn't pop at the time but i will run through no start checklist tonite to see what is going on. i'm gonna test the module first.

agreed. lol! but i figured it out. dumb ass macgee(thats me) ignored my labeling on the crank and cam connectors so i had them connected to the wrong connection (sorry, i know what i mean) long story short, i plugged em in the wrong place. so vader is up and running but now i'm chasing high idle and a vacuum leak. sounds like its coming from under vacuum block...not sure. will check this evening when turbo is cooled off. thanks guys.

I once had a ccci issue. Peeled back the wire loom that plugs to the ignition module. One or two wires , iirc, had small portions of the sheath damaged and were causing issues. After a quick fix, everything was fine.

I once had a ccci issue. Peeled back the wire loom that plugs to the ignition module. One or two wires , iirc, had small portions of the sheath damaged and were causing issues. After a quick fix, everything was fine.
I had to get down to this level of detail to fix "stuff" . . . . :mad:

ignored my labeling on the crank and cam connectors so i had them connected to the wrong connection (sorry, i know what i mean) long story short, i plugged em in the wrong place.

I was going to add that I had a misadjusted crank sensor one time and that fuse would pop for no reason. My first HA Riviera, and that car was a mess under the hood. Wire harness had at least 50 butt connectors spliced on it. No kidding. Spent one weekend with my trusty solder iron and wasted a 25 pound roll of solder doing it right. It wasn't running when I bought it and found lots of broken glass under the rear seat where somebody apparently busted the quarter glass to steal it at one time. Read later that the Riviera was on the Top 10 list of most stolen cars of 1984-1985. I never figured out if the thieves vandalized it by cutting those wires or if it was just a shade tree jack azz who didn't know crap. I had it running better than new within a couple of weeks. First trip down the strip netted a couple of 16 flat runs and two head gaskets. I suspected it had the wrong torque convertor as those HGs were the results of cranking it up to 20 pounds and all I got was a 2.5 short time and about 95MPH through the traps. All was in vain though. I got careless and developed a leak at the FPR on Monday afternoon a few weeks later and the poor car burned to the ground. Yep I will be going to hell for destroying a perfectly good Turbo Buick. Maybe some redemption for trying to keep on the road for as long as I did though.;):rolleyes: