Catera

turbo382nv

Captain Stupid
Anyone ever done Catera swap? I ran into a great deal on a 97 black on black Catera with bad motor... Seriously considering taking the plunge.Anyone ever done this before?

That would be a cool swap. the cars are nice .it the engine in that car that sucks. I dont know about emissions. that could be a down fall. I would try it . good luck

I always liked the look of the Catera but would never own one b/c of the 3.0 Leaker Opel Engine. Like stated, they are CRAP!! Would likely cost a little bit more than an 80's GM Swap but, it'd still be badass!

a person i know did this swap and the differential would not hold up to the buick torque. it can't hold the cadillac torque. but i know that all the dash lights were on because the cadillac computers were out of the vehicle for the buick computer and there was alot of cut and weld on the strut towers and downpipe to make it fit . it was featured in a issue of gm high tech end of last year. silver in color with gafix on the sides. i forgot what company he owns

man i love those cateras. just an opel omega that caddy got a hold of. problem areas with the catera are, rear tire wear due to camber problems, wireing issues and timing chain problems. the cadillac CTS took its place and redesigned the engine. some CTS have the corvette engine....

last years buick horsepower nationals
buick turbo v6 caddy

Attachments

• buick nationals day 2 024.jpg
    buick nationals day 2 024.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 228
Last night I walked through a local cruise in and saw a Catera that someone had stuffed a 7.0l in to. It was a Lingenfelter conversion...pretty bad ass though.