Cat Converter Hanger Strap

GN Bob

For those out there with broken catalytic converter hanger straps.

I bought Arvin PN 528100 for $8 and it has the exact same strap with the correct holes. Its a little thinner material but it should work fine.

I'll be installing it this weekend with my 2nd Hooker system, my first one lasted 11 years and is still strong but rusted out.

Bob

Where

Where did you buy this Arvin part? I made my own when installing my hooker exh. Thanx in advance...

I bought it at a local auto parts shop in Fall River, MA. Lacava & Sowersby 508-997-5665. I don't know if they do mail order but they were very helpful.

Bob

back from the dead....

anyone have an updated part number and which parts house to get it from? Is there one around that comes with bolts?

AP 8200 hanger strap works great on my car same size wide and thick strap as stock.

I used 1/4-20 bolts in stainless from any hardware store with washers, two 1" to bolt the strap and one 1.25"-1.5" to hang it from the single hole on top.

m233roller on the board refurbishes the stock unit. Send him a PM. I believe he keeps them in stock.

Reggie that wasn't an option I had to get to work the next day and no spare hanger. ;)

The one I used was better rubber than the original NOS part I used that lasted 7 years on this particular car.

Haven't run one for years! No issues.

My downpipe def moved out of adjustment without a cat hanger. I went to advanced auto and picked up a universal one for $4-$5 and it's worked great for 5 years now. I was going to use the tire sidewall method but it was too much work vs a $5 rubber strap at autozone meant to hang exhaust but it depends on what your time is worth I guess.

Something like this: use your old bracket: search for "exhaust hanger" for more results.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...sal-rubber-strap-hanger-rol-exhaust_5600421-p

I cut piece of industrial belt. Stronger than anything I could buy at the store that's for sure.

Here is a comparison of the Ap8200, the summitt style strap which isn't correct or as good, and the stocker which also doesn't appear to be as strong as the AP8200 strap due to the holes they put in it so it can break easier. :rolleyes:

AP8200 is .350" inches thick same as the stock strap without holes in the sides.

The partial bracket strap is longer than stock and only .250" thick I wouldn't use that one.

And yes I know there are other options but I picked up 2 of the 8200's for $8 each and free super saver shipping on the Amazon order since I bought $25 worth of stuff.

Didn't see any more at that price however. :p

No more beating this dead horse with an inferior hanger strap. ;)

20130814_123043.jpg
20130814_123049.jpg
20130814_123111.jpg
20130814_123114.jpg
20130814_123043.jpg
20130814_123111.jpg
20130814_123114.jpg

How do u go about installing the cat hanger ? Are u guys removing the to bolts that go into the transmission house and then jacking up the tranny up carefully to slip in. The hanger ?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Is there any way to hang the cat from the passenger side frame rail? I'd rather not hang it from the trans after my previous trans case got cracked.

Hook it up the way the factory did it. If you do it by the frame rail it may put too much stress on the downpipe and break soemthing.