Casper's XFI harness and Spal fans

turboclam

Pulled the harness out of the box while engine is on a stand. Going over where things might get routed. This harness was made for SPAL fans.

There is no provision to utilize the factory style fan switch. What can I put in that threaded hole? Plug it or another sensor?

Does the XFI read temp and control the fans through the temp switch?

Can you program what temp you want the fans to come on through the XFI?

I do not have SPAL fans. I have the RAMCHARGERS type fans. Will they work the same way?

Thanks!

xfi reads the two wire coolant sensor at front of manifold not the fan control switch at top of manifold
you can program the on and off temps for fan in the xfi
the hole in manifold fromthe fan control switch you can plug (1/4npt) or run a sensor for a water temp gauge
that sensor wont close until temps reach 224 and then all it does is ground to activate the relay on driver fenderto engage the fan hi speed mode
as for the casper connector spal fans or valeo it doesnt matter it will be both fans on at whatever the fan on temp is set in the xfi program. youll just need to splice the wires and it will only run the one speed (low or high depending on how you wire it . i would hotwire it to battery if plans are to run both in high
, if you wanted you could setup another relay and power source and switch on the high speed mode from a switch in the car

Thanks for the info Pacecarta. The harness is new but it wasn't built specifically for my setup. This XFI stuff is new to me.

The harness also does not have a TCC harness or plug. I won't need it if I'm running a non lock-up 200-4R correct?

the xfi cant see the 3-4 flag switches and with a non lock converter you wont need to connect

Pacecarta, need some help please.

I'm keeping the battery in the stock location. I have a Casper's positive battery cable and Casper's battery ground cable. Also have a Casper's + and - junction box kit.

There are 4 fusible links coming out of harness behind motor. One has an inline fuse. Where should these go? Does one go to the starter?

Also the grounds coming out of the harness behind the motor, where's the best place for these to go?

Any help would be appreciated.

Pulled the harness out of the box while engine is on a stand. Going over where things might get routed. This harness was made for SPAL fans.

There is no provision to utilize the factory style fan switch. What can I put in that threaded hole? Plug it or another sensor?

Does the XFI read temp and control the fans through the temp switch?

Can you program what temp you want the fans to come on through the XFI?

I do not have SPAL fans. I have the RAMCHARGERS type fans. Will they work the same way?

Thanks!
You can also tie the xfi into the ac high speed fan relay ground so that you can turn on your high speed fan at desired time

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk