Caspers XFI Fuel/Oil Logging and one EGT Log Question

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
i did a search and can't find what im looking for. anyways in the XFI under the auxilliary analong sensor setup what do i need to put the setting at?

Sensor Gain?

Sensor Offset?

Sensor High Limit?

Sensor Low Limit?

Also one other question. Is it possible to log just 1 EGT Input on the xfi? i have a EGT Amplifier that i used with my powerlogger and i was wondering if it would work with the XFI. Here is a link below

FULL THROTTLE SPEED - EGT Amplifier

Thanks
brent

Brent,

I am too old school for this one.
My classic Fast did not have all the newfangled features...

If the sensor did not come with any information,Maybe Mike can supply it to you) it would be a voltage/temp chart
If not you will need to hook it up to the XFI and measure 2 points of the sensor values.
for example, at 89* the voltage is 1.2V and at 1500* voltage is 4.8V

If you can get me this info i can give you the values you need to input

i did a search and can't find what im looking for. anyways in the XFI under the auxilliary analong sensor setup what do i need to put the setting at?

Sensor Gain?

Sensor Offset?

Sensor High Limit?

Sensor Low Limit?

Also one other question. Is it possible to log just 1 EGT Input on the xfi? i have a EGT Amplifier that i used with my powerlogger and i was wondering if it would work with the XFI. Here is a link below

FULL THROTTLE SPEED - EGT Amplifier

Thanks
brent

There are default values, but you really should calibrate the fuel/oil sensors. There is a formula in the help section. Let me know if you can't find it.

I've never messed with a single EGT on an analog input, but I'm sure it's possible.

If the sensor did not come with any information,Maybe Mike can supply it to you) it would be a voltage/temp chart
If not you will need to hook it up to the XFI and measure 2 points of the sensor values.
for example, at 89* the voltage is 1.2V and at 1500* voltage is 4.8V

If you can get me this info i can give you the values you need to input

This is the Ottoman Empire I just live here!
Thanks bro!

thanks for the replys. the reason i asked about the EGT is because its there and i figured why not. Also i have the caspers oil/fuel logger so im going to hook it up and was wondering about the calibration. i will look in the help section. thanks again guys

brent

Do you have the harness that connects to the egr connector??

I had to play with the calculation a little to get my fp to be dead on.

yes i have the harness that connects it to the egr plug. what is you settings at so i can kinda see what im shooting for

This is what works for me.

Sensor gain- 24.875604
Sensor offset- -23.880600

Sensor high limit- 100
Sensor low limit- 0

thanks. i got the sensor in and used your setting. i had to adjust the oil pressure one but it seems to work ok. what is the sensor gain and offset mean?

Did you ever get your EGT setup ?

I also have the leftover egt hardware from a tpro & need the setup #'s to get it dialed in.

Not yet. I still need to send bob bailey an email to see if there amplafire will work with the xfi

Brent

If it's a 0-5 volt output try using a gain of 356 and an offset of 32. I recommend setting up the gain and offset for the fuel and oil pressure specifically for your car. I never use a generic setting, since very seldom are two cars the same.

Cal , the default info in XFI are the same as your #'s.
Could I be missing another setting ?

Installed input wire in Aux port 3 , under Aux port setup it never asks which input is being used. Or does it auto configure the input port ?

It reads 130 for EGT1 so its not even close .

Thanks