CASH FOR GOLD SCAM. (rant)

buying used items

from my experiance you had to have a 2nd hand dealers license to deal with anything used. you have to make all transactions in triplicate so you can give the police a copy, one for the customer, and one to keep on file. now this is just in texas, so i'm not sure how it would work in other states. you may check your local 2nd hand dealer laws since you do business with used items. sure there will be a certain % of things that you'll lose due to theft. but it's still a real profitable business. as for gold dealers cutting diamonds out of gold, if the stones are small then they are considered millies and are a dime a dozen regardless of what Kay jewelers, or any retail store says they are worth. most diamonds aren't worth much unless they are over 1/2 a carat and then that would depend on clarity. i had hundreds of small and different sized stones that we would send off and be lucky to get anything for. sometimes i always laughed at the people who came in and said we'll i bought it for X amount of $'s and it's still worth it when i had a nicer ring in my display case that i'd sell them for a fraction of what they were asking. i could go on and on about my expeciances but regardless i invest in gold, when the dollar becomes worthless gold will always hold it's value. we'd always watch the oil prices and when they went up it was time to scrap and trust me we'd get BIG checks from our scrap buckets.