I want to sell some gold, silver, and coins ... advice? ---

alwayscode390

I have some old silver coins , silver jewelry , and some gold jewelry that I want to sell.

Seems like EVERYBODY is buying this stuff right now.

I see jewelers, pawn shops, and coin shops all advertising.

Where should I go ... pawn shop and get rid of it ALL , or a coin shop for the coins ... then a Jewelry shop for the jewelry?

Thanks for the help
icon_smile.gif
---

I think I'd leave the pawn shop as your last option.

Your probably going to have to split it up just like your thinking.

Please let me know what you find out.

Thanks
~JM~

I have some old silver coins , silver jewelry , and some gold jewelry that I want to sell.

Where should I go ... pawn shop and get rid of it ALL , or a coin shop for the coins ... then a Jewelry shop for the jewelry?

Thanks for the help
icon_smile.gif
---

Send me a PM with what you got! I may be interested!

There's a place off of 94... just after you go over 70... its on the right hand side in a strip mall. Its close... so Id start there.

My father inlaw owns a coin shop buys and sells Gold Etc Etc....I talked to him this morning and he said he is interested... If you want to supply a list of what you have I will pass it on to him

Thanks!

JK

My father inlaw owns a coin shop buys and sells Gold Etc Etc....I talked to him this morning and he said he is interested... If you want to supply a list of what you have I will pass it on to him

Thanks!

Thanks for the help
icon_smile.gif
---
I do this for a living. I would be glad to give you a free apraisal. Your best bet on the coins would be to take them to a local coin show. These are pretty common events. I can also get you a list of dealers who belong to the PNG or the Professional Numismatic Guild. But the first thing is to NOT clean any of the coins. I have seen many coins
ruined by this. If any questions you can pm me.

I've been to NYC to sell some gold, higher payouts than anyone around here I could find.

You need to learn what the DWT weight is from ounces and convert, a digital postage scale for letters works decent to get an accurate weight.

We went in person so I can't comment on their mail in system.

They cut out the jewels if any in the jewelery with cutting pliers and don't care for the stones if any.... :eek:

Bullet proof glass, secure room, and quick cash payouts in person. :)

Some of your coins may be worth more then others,depending on which mint they came from, so a coin shop would be a good idea, also if they are just run of the mill silver coins then find the market value of 90% 40% and 35% silver coins, assuming they are US coins. A Coin store out here in Vegas buy my coins for roughly a dollar under spot. And the same for my .999 silver generic rounds and bars. I do have a good relationship with them though. AS far as gold jewelry thats goin to vary by the purity of gold, more $ for purer gold. Do some homework and find out the price per gram is, or ask them and shop around. Most people dont know alot about buying/selling gold and silver so its easy to settle for a low price. I have never sold gold jewelry, only bars and rounds, which are just easier to sell as you already know its purity. Kitco.com has good information on the precious metals market too. Stay away from Pawn Shops, I have never seen one offer a fair price yet !! This is just my Personal Opinion and what seems to work for me.