CAS V2 FMIC FOR SALE

Hey Tyler, did you want to purchase this V2 just to test it?

Essentially, yes.

I also wanted to buy it so that if any of my friends (you included buddy) needed a badass FMIC, I would have one lying around that they could get.

I know I already have a V1, Cottons, and that badass custom Kenny Duttweiler one, but I'm trying to get sponsored by Bell Intercoolers and if I do, I'll be running one of their units...but I still will have the Cottons and V1 to sell to help out a buddy.

Our new FMIC's that RPS is designing will be tested back to back with a RJC 475, so I figured that would be the best way to compare our stuff to. So I won't be having our FMIC sent to me (since I don't have the 475) to test, so I may sell my Cottons or V1 if it comes a time to need some extra cash to buy some badass car parts :D

When your done testing with the V2 .. you can send it my way :)

You want the V2 or the V1? :D

I REALLY wanna test the V1 vs. V2 so people can see just how much better/worse/efficient/negligible the difference between the two designs are.

Tyler, just asking because I bought it yesterday. I have big plans for it, & don't know if its worth it to ship to you for testing. Just trying to help.

Tyler, just asking because I bought it yesterday. I have big plans for it, & don't know if its worth it to ship to you for testing. Just trying to help.

oh no way?! DUDE CONGRATS!!!!!

I am SO GLAD YOU got the V2!! I know you are gonna love it dude!!

Don't sweat it at all about shipping it to me...although I would love to hear what you think of it after you get it installed! Please feel free to post in my build thread about your thoughts on the V2 once you run it for a bit and see how it responds to your setup!

Cool thanks, yeah it may take me a little while but I will let you know. I want to see the results at the track also & have a shit load of parts to install, dont want to change too much all at once. I will post on your build, thanks again.

Essentially, yes.

I also wanted to buy it so that if any of my friends (you included buddy) needed a badass FMIC, I would have one lying around that they could get.

I know I already have a V1, Cottons, and that badass custom Kenny Duttweiler one, but I'm trying to get sponsored by Bell Intercoolers and if I do, I'll be running one of their units...but I still will have the Cottons and V1 to sell to help out a buddy.

Our new FMIC's that RPS is designing will be tested back to back with a RJC 475, so I figured that would be the best way to compare our stuff to. So I won't be having our FMIC sent to me (since I don't have the 475) to test, so I may sell my Cottons or V1 if it comes a time to need some extra cash to buy some badass car parts :D

You want the V2 or the V1? :D

I REALLY wanna test the V1 vs. V2 so people can see just how much better/worse/efficient/negligible the difference between the two designs are.

How does the Eastern front mount intercooler compare to the others being mentioned. I’m running 10.27 @ 133 and was wondering if I would benefit from something bigger.

How does the Eastern front mount intercooler compare to the others being mentioned. I’m running 10.27 @ 133 and was wondering if I would benefit from something bigger.

The Eastern isn't even in the same league as the Cottons or the V2/V1.

IMO, if you were to upgrade to one of those FMIC's you would see a gain in your ET.

I have personal experience with V2. The V2 is good until certain HP, then it's done.

Back in the day when Cal did the Reynold's race, I did back to back testing at the track with the V2. There were a few here that helped me with the swap. I took out the V2 and installed the big BA Performance, I think has 5" core. I was running a Turbonectics 70mm BB on a 109 block.

To this day, I still run the BA Performance IC but a TA block and Precision 76mm turbo. So far, I've gone 8.teen in the 1/4 and 5.teen in the 1/8. During the run, the air temps are sub 100* with ambient temps in the mid 80s. I do not have any pre/post boost pressure.

The laptop that had the data from the Reynolds IC swap was stolen.

Congrats Trashman for getting the V2 as I'm the one that removed it from King Kong's car.

Here are the pics from Reynold's '06 when the swap was done. You can see the BA IC leaning against the trailer.

PB040061.JPG
PB040063.JPG

Here is as the car sits currently.

DSC04668.JPG

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Last edited:
Yes.

I am working with certain US intercooler manufacturers to design 2 cores; 1 "small" one that supports 1,100hp with less than 2psi of pressure drop. The second is the "large" version that supports 1,600hp with the same pressure drop. The large core will be compared with the 475 and possibly the old ATR FMIC.

The person testing the IC currently has a RJC 475 and will be testing both ICs for temp drop, pressure drop, and performance. Unfortunately it is taking longer than we hoped to get the cores produced, so it is about 2 months away, but they are in the works.

How many CFMs are you putting across the cores during testing? Is the end tank the same design? Just curious how this testing is done.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

How many CFMs are you putting across the cores during testing? Is the end tank the same design? Just curious how this testing is done.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Turbo is a 6870.

No. The 475 is a horizontal flow IC. My design is a vertical flow design.

I wanted to create a superior IC, hence why I went vertical flow. No reason to go horizontal flow if I am looking to improve upon what is out there.

Testing will be done with a boost gauge and temp sensor before and after the IC core. We will be able to see what the temp going into the IC is, and what the temp is coming out, same with the boost. This will be repeated with the 475 just as it will with my IC.

Turbo is a 6870.

I wanted to create a superior IC, hence why I went vertical flow. No reason to go horizontal flow if I am looking to improve upon what is out there.

Testing will be done with a boost gauge and temp sensor before and after the IC core. We will be able to see what the temp going into the IC is, and what the temp is coming out, same with the boost. This will be repeated with the 475 just as it will with my IC.
I hope you start a thread on this here on TB.com, id like to see the results, I don't do facebook LOL...

Turbo is a 6870.

Hey Tyler, if you're talking about me doing the testing i think you have my intercooler mistaken, it's RJC's 315XTF model not the 475. If you're talking about another guy with a 6870 then disregard that :)

I also have the old school ATR vertical flow FMIC in my garage now, i plan on testing whenever we do kick this experiment off, so it'll be interesting to see for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, what about the PTE F/M? They have a good rep from what I've read on here, Fat has one for sale

Hey Tyler, if you're talking about me doing the testing i think you have my intercooler mistaken, it's RJC's 315XTF model not the 475. If you're talking about another guy with a 6870 then disregard that :)

I also have the old school ATR vertical flow FMIC in my garage now, i plan on testing whenever we do kick this experiment off, so it'll be interesting to see for sure

Oh damn dude...I thought this whole time you had a 475...MAH BAD!!

Btw your crank went out Saturday ;) Our custom billet rods are almost ready, so imma need the cash for those soon fyi.

Since you only have a 315 I may send you my Cottons or V1 to test also...we'll have to see..

Hey, what about the PTE F/M? They have a good rep from what I've read on here, Fat has one for sale

They're great FMICs. The v2 IMO Ive heard performs better (ask Turbo89) but I have yet to personally test the two.

What gets me is that PTE FMIC is so much better than anything else on the market today, I have no idea how it isnt snatched up immediately..

Oh damn dude...I thought this whole time you had a 475...MAH BAD!!

Btw your crank went out Saturday ;) Our custom billet rods are almost ready, so imma need the cash for those soon fyi.

Since you only have a 315 I may send you my Cottons or V1 to test also...we'll have to see..

They're great FMICs. The v2 IMO Ive heard performs better (ask Turbo89) but I have yet to personally test the two.

What gets me is that PTE FMIC is so much better than anything else on the market today, I have no idea how it isnt snatched up immediately..

it's alright haha, no biggie. it'll still be cool to test out the differences. When the time gets closer to test i'll start a thread in the Texas area, see if we can all get together at a track event, and if they don't mind me testing their intercoolers that way we can numbers more than two of them. I think it could be a very interesting day.. thank you for sending the crank btw! ill text you on the rods

Nice meeting you in person Trashman your a cool dude and it was a pleasure doing biz with you :cool::cool:

Same here King Kong, was a pleasure & def keep in touch. Let me know how you make out with your new setup also, I'm excited for you to see 9's.