CAS SPAL fan setup for FM???

automorph

Anyone using their SPAL or FAL fan setup recommended with their FMIC. I need part numbers for those fans. Bolt-in? Anyone?

Thanks

you know if they engineered there pipes a little better there would be no need for the spal fan which flows less then the factory i have a fmic with the factory fans best way to go

george

Thanks George,

Did you wire them to both run all the time? Saw you in GMHTP mag, congrats. Too bad no feature on your car, maybe in the works???

Your sig shows a third fan in front? Any fabrication needed for this one? If not, part number? How much do you figure stock fans flow?

Thanks
Andy

TurboTA3.8 I dont know where you got your info, but there is NO WAY the stockers flow more air than the Spal fans.
I had these on my TTA and they sounded like a hover craft when they were running. Also they took away all of my heating problems after I installed them.

Originally posted by automorph
Your sig shows a third fan in front? Any fabrication needed for this one? If not, part number? How much do you figure stock fans flow?

Thanks
Andy

my third fan is a permacool thinline its a 10 inch and its threw mounted to the intercooleron the front side

george

Originally posted by Chris Rowe
TurboTA3.8 I dont know where you got your info, but there is NO WAY the stockers flow more air than the Spal fans.
I had these on my TTA and they sounded like a hover craft when they were running. Also they took away all of my heating problems after I installed them.

chris
well i hope you dont go by sound of a fan to measure flow the stock fans are 12 inch diameter and flow 1100 cfm and the same size fan in spal 12inch flows 870 cfm you can fit bigger then 12 inch fans in that location the 14inch flows 960cfm and the 16inch flows 1300 cfm so if u can fit a 16 inch it would flow more but there is no room 4 a pair of 16inch cause there is only 28inch of with on the radiator so thats the info i have you can check sapls site for the figuers i cam up with

thanks george

No I am NOT going by sound.

Where did you get your info on the stock fans--word of mouth??

I can tell ya this. After putting the FM on I had bad heating trouble with both stockers on the car---one in the stock location and the other mounted in front. Even with both fans running I couldnt get the temps down under 200 degrees after a run returning to the pits. With the Spals on and both running I NEVER hit 190 during a run and could be back under 170 before hitting the pits---this is running the fans through the staging lanes, burn out and launch. I would turn the fans off after making the 2-3 shift and would turn them back on after hitting the return road, and run them until I pited.

This is REAL WORLD testing.

automorph,

I just used two on the inside pulling, and didnt see a problem.

BTW, I think that Tony's price is right with those on the link I gave, plus he send them with al. tabs attached so they will bolt right up.

HTH!!