CAS is a RIP-OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian GT PRO

HI all, I'm new here however I'm not new to the industry. My name is Brian La Fuente with a company GT PRO, I just wanted to warn memebers here about CAS (Charged Air Systems) www.chargedair.com. Tony is a sly guy and rope a doped us into buying into his bull**** about how great his intercoolers were and how good he could build them and such. Hence we sent him over $8,000 to start building intercooler kits for us, well this was Feb. 2002!! now it March over a year later, no return phone calls, no e-mail, no product, nothing. HE JUST FLAT RIPPED US OFF... We are a very small shop and 8K is a heavy hit to take, so I just wanted to warn you guys about doing business with this guy. It has also come to my understanding that he might be setting people up to take their cash and run as I've heard he will be merging with SVS (Super Viper Systems), and putting CAS into BK status, AFTER collecting everyone's money. If anyone here is in a similar situation and wants to get together on this, we're game, drop us a line at 626-839-7767 or e-mail sales@gtpro.com

sorry to hear it. do a search on CAS and you will see how many people agree with you. i dont plan on using him when i get an IC. seems he cant be trusted.

I agree . You wanna hear ,yeah his products are good but we will not use them because he drags around too much and is very difficult to get a hold of.
Give Conleys Performance Plus a call and ask Janice about his rep on timeliness and customer follow up. First hand she will tell u all above is true.

I know CAS is making twin turbo kits for the LS1's and LT1's for LS1speed.com. I hope he delivers, if not their are going to be some ticked off customers...

Jose

cas

Two Lane .........WHERE ARE YOU

:eek: :confused: :D

I am also a turbobuick parts vendor on this BB, Yes I will admit....last year we were slow on shipping...some of the problems that arouse were related to us...and some were related to supplier problems....but all in all I must take the blame for all. Since, everything is taken care of....though we still get strung out on this BB every once and awhile.....everybody gets their components from us, very rarely do we have problems, and if we do, they are resolved as quickly as possible, customer favored.

What I do not understand here....HOW SOMEONE can simply take $$ from another like this...and still stay in business....what has been going on is completely recurring...over and over again.

:confused:

Someone needs to find out whom to contact, persons, government agencies, etc, there are many agencies I know of that will help you resolve your problems, send the local and or state police to the person, and issue summons(s) to that individual.....sometimes you're just **** out of luck...thats why you always pay someone questionable with a Credit Card;) :D

Good luck in your ventures, and if I run into any findings, I will let you know personally....how did you pay for the items? and did you get a quote and or invoice? Lastly do you have proof of payment?

<KM>@ MPE

Hi guys thanks for the info. Our company got a quote from him via fax with prices delivery so on and so forth. We then sent him a check for the intercoolers and a check for the tooling to build them, we have all copies and the cancled/cashed checks.

I'm going to move this to the lounge. For a couple of reasons.

1. This is not tech related (tech question?)

2. I'm not at all in favor of vendor bashing, especially when it's one sided and unsubstantiated.
You have proof? bring it forward in the other forum.

Originally posted by Brian GT PRO
I just wanted to warn memebers here about CAS (Charged Air Systems) www.chargedair.com.

Tony is a sly guy and rope a doped us into buying into his bull**** about how great his intercoolers were and how good he could build them and such. Hence we sent him over $8,000 to start building intercooler kits for us, well this was Feb. 2002!!

now it March over a year later, no return phone calls, no e-mail, no product, nothing. HE JUST FLAT RIPPED US OFF... We are a very small shop and 8K is a heavy hit to take.

I just wanted to warn you guys about doing business with this guy. It has also come to my understanding that he might be setting people up to take their cash and run as I've heard he will be merging with SVS (Super Viper Systems), and putting CAS into BK status, AFTER collecting everyone's money.

If anyone here is in a similar situation and wants to get together on this, we're game, drop us a line at 626-839-7767 or e-mail sales@gtpro.com
============================================
Sad to say no surprises in that news.

There are similar stories here regarding that business & that individual going back quite some time. As TurboBuicks suggested, type in CAS on the Search feature.

You are to be commended for letting us know what has happened to you, in an effort to prevent it happening to other innocently unsuspecting victims/customers.

I hope you pursue every avenue available to you to recoup your monies, both civil & criminal, because there are people who think of themselves as being somehow "immune" from the consequences of their actions. There are numerous state & Federal agencies with statutory authority to pursue & prosecute such outrages.

Seems that old folk-wisdom about "Leopards Can't Change Their Spots" is proving true, once again.

Flat out ,,someone needs to put a hurt on this A$$ clown..Hope noone is still buying from him,,,the LS1 crowd should be told of this..:(

Hey Brian,

Do you guys do 3000GT VR-4 stuff?? Your company name sounds familiar.

Sully

Originally posted by JZ 97 SS 1500
I know CAS is making twin turbo kits for the LS1's and LT1's for LS1speed.com. I hope he delivers, if not their are going to be some ticked off customers...

Jose

Just posting because my site is mentioned.

Tony has LS1/LT1 - F-Body/C5 twin turbo kits for sale. Other sites also sell them. We have not taken any offical orders. Currently we have headers and downpipes for our own car. That is the status. We are having a new engine built so we are in no rush. LS1 Speed Inc has used Charged Air Systems as a vendor for great products, but we are not afiliated in any other way.

Jon@Speed Inc

WOW! Losing 8k I would be more than PIZSST!

Wonder if he has done this to the other communities he sells too
Like the egale/talon or vette boys

I'd kill someone for $8k, wink wink- nudge nudge.

Just kidding, I'm a harmless boy Police People. I couldn't hurt a fly, unless it landed on my sandwich.

Dang, im sorry ot hear that Brian.
Id definatly get a lawyer. ANd if that dont work we can get all the boys from 3si.org and go tear some stuff up.
I hope we dont have another Incon conspiricy.

Losing $8K would be license to buy a plane ticket and make a personal visit. There is no way in hell I would try anything via phone, fax or e-mail.

Brian,

Since you have 8 k invested, you should pay a visit to his shop !! Bring a couple thick necked guys with you...hahaha!!
Seriously, go up there, and get some resolution that way.

$8k loss is called Class Action lawsuit. Especially when it sounds like there are other shops he owes products/services to.
If you pay someone for goods or services and still dont have anything after a year the I would send him a certified letter stating that you either want a full refund by a set date or that you will take the matter to court.

Brain PRO GT, if your having a problem with CAS and are crediable business then you really should take the proper action(s) in a court of law to seek monetary compensation and possible punitive damages. Rather coming to our BB to let us know information that, if you had taken the time to search is clearly present and archived. Talking CAS is old news and creates nothing but trifling rants by those who just want their opinion(s) read of how they would "handle" it. The purpose of this BB much the chagrin of a few members is not here to bash "anyone" nor is it a "Good guy/Bad guy list" such as this: http://pub51.ezboard.com/bgoodguyandbadguylist

That said this CAS thread is done.

Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.