Cars not building boost???

josh rosaaen

The car was running fine but now it's not building boost it keeps going down every time I get on it. The car was set at 16psi then today when I got on it only pulled to 12 then 10, 8 and now 5psi. It seems to be running fine besides that. Boost controller doesn't seem to matter either. I have a precision engineering 70mm turbo. Turbonetics wastegate pn10101 and a rjc boost controller.

First remove your cold air intake hose/pipe and check that your turbo still spins freely, then check for a hairline crack between cyl.#3 and #5. That's usually the most common cause of low or lost boost. Using a mighty-vac or its equivalant, you can check your waste-gate diaphram's health.

First remove your cold air intake hose/pipe and check that your turbo still spins freely, then check for a hairline crack between cyl.#3 and #5. That's usually the most common cause of low or lost boost. Using a mighty-vac or its equivalant, you can check your waste-gate diaphram's health.
Are you talking about a crack on the block?i hope the engines not shot. I'll check the turbo first. The car was fine before I took it in to my mechanic for an oil leak. He replaced the oil feed line for the turbo but that was it. Said he didn't do anything else. The car spooled up fine on the way to the shop. Just when I got it back it started doing this but the oil leak is gone

No...he means check for a crack in the DS header. Your BLM's are sky high...you've developed an air leak somewhere.

Also run a boost leak test. That solved most of my problems

87 grand national
60 psi mototron injectors
V 5.7 tt chip
Accufab fuel pressure regulator
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Hotwire kit
160 stat.
T04b turbo
K&N cone air filter
Dual radiator fans
Hooker exhaust
Scanmaster

Also run a boost leak test. That solved most of my problems

87 grand national
V 5.7 tt chip
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Hotwire kit
160 stat.
T04b turbo
K&N cone air filter
Dual radiator fans
Hooker exhaust
Scanmaster
I pulled the intake and checked the turbo and it seems fine couldn't see any cracks in the headers. There hooker headers if that makes any difference. I took the car for a short trip again and did a few pulls it pulled 13psi at first and started dropping again after that. Can you tell me how to run a boost leak test i'm new to this.

Heres a site where they sell them
http://www.turboboostleaktesters.com/servlet/the-77/[-2.5"-]-/Detail

But i made mine, there very easy to make,here's a link that should give u a good idea on how to make & run a boost leak test

I found tons of leaks with my tester, once i was done with all my leaks my car ran and purred like a champ!!
And blm's stay average 125-128

87 grand national
V 5.7 tt chip
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Hotwire kit
160 stat.
T04b turbo
K&N cone air filter
Dual radiator fans
Hooker exhaust
Scanmaster

I wish u lots a luck, plz let us know what u find, and dont hesitate to ask for more help!

87 grand national
V 5.7 tt chip
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Hotwire kit
160 stat.
T04b turbo
K&N cone air filter
Dual radiator fans
Hooker exhaust
Scanmaster

I'm headed to work to it will be next Monday before I can do anything. But I'll let everyone know when I get back

I wish u lots a luck, plz let us know what u find, and dont hesitate to ask for more help! 87 grand national 60 psi mototron injectors V 5.7 tt chip Accufab fuel pressure regulator Walbro 255 fuel pump Hotwire kit 160 stat. T04b turbo K&N cone air filter Dual radiator fans Hooker exhaust Scanmaster
I wish u lots a luck, plz let us know what u find, and dont hesitate to ask for more help! 87 grand national 60 psi mototron injectors V 5.7 tt chip Accufab fuel pressure regulator Walbro 255 fuel pump Hotwire kit 160 stat. T04b turbo K&N cone air filter Dual radiator fans Hooker exhaust Scanmaster
thanks for the help

I did a boost leak test and kind a major air leak where the turbo goes into the intercooler. I have an atr liquid to air intercooler. The mounting brace was loose I got the leak fixed there thinking that was the problem it was loosing a lot f or haven't had a chance to test drive it do to the weather. It's also leaking air from all the little lines coming off the vacuum block not sure how important that is or how to solve it I think there to small for hose clamps the lines are a little loose maybe I can just get new ones

I did a boost leak test and kind a major air leak where the turbo goes into the intercooler. I have an atr liquid to air intercooler. The mounting brace was loose I got the leak fixed there thinking that was the problem it was loosing a lot f or haven't had a chance to test drive it do to the weather. It's also leaking air from all the little lines coming off the vacuum block not sure how important that is or how to solve it I think there to small for hose clamps the lines are a little loose maybe I can just get new ones

Be scurried is right just replace all and tie wrap each end of the vac lines also everytime u fix an air leak run another boost leak test, u be surprised on how many leaks ur car has, oh and if u hear air coming out of the throttle body area and quite seem to pin point it chances are its the two shaft seals one is right by the tps sensor and the other is in the direct oppisite side

87 grand national
V 5.7 tt chip
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Hotwire kit
160 stat.
T04b turbo
K&N cone air filter
Dual radiator fans
Hooker exhaust
Scanmaster