Cars and Concepts T-tops - How many out there??

BuickTurboSix

How many of you out there have the C & C T-tops? Anyplace you can get replacement rubber for them? Any problems to look for? What is the good, bad and ugly on em??

can you post more info on them....

any special markings so others know they have the C&C t's?

i know i have an aftermarket power sunroof but not C&C

More info

Easiest way to spot a Cars and Concepts T-Top conversion is the C & C etched into the glass Tops. It is located in the corner. Also, the headliner is all cloth, not plastic and cloth like you would find in the factory T-Top cars. Another giveaway is that the T-Top bags don't have the "Fisher" logo stamped into them. They are just smooth vinyl.

Again, it is a nice job, Made well and looks pretty stock on the outside. Some wind noise, but not a ton. It was acceptable in all areas.

If my friend ends up buying the car, I will photograph it and post the pictures here for identification purposes.

When we restored my Girlfriends 78 Z/28 it had these tops and I learned a lot about them. You may be able to find parts from sunroofdoctor.com (or sunroofdr.com I can't remember). They were the only ones I could find parts from that were new or reproduction. They are a specialty company that deals with sunroofs, T Tops and Targa tops, prices are pretty reasonable.

History: These tops were installed aftermarket either by dealer or by private party sunroof shops, etc. The company was bought by Hurst I believe and that was pretty much the end.

Looking at the Camaro and how they incorporated the tops into the body compared to the GM Fisher or Hurst tops it seems much more rigid and with better draining/sealing than the factory tops. The few I have seen also were not rusting anywhere.

Pretty much rare tops and I am sure parts will be hard to find. Maybe try Metro Rubber and see if you can find something that will work if you need to.

I "used" to have a GN with C&C T-tops,after a fender bender i decided to have my car re-painted.Well ,after striping the car down we relized the t-top seals are impossible to find.So we just cut off the old roof,and thanks to Bweavy,put on a nice solid roof.
If anyone is interested i still have a pair of c&c t-tops laying around. later-Kurt

I restored a 87 GN with C & C T-tops. I bought the weatherstripping that was "felt like" on the front & back of the roof. The seals were fine. I believe I got them from a guy in Maryland. Let me do some checking & see if I can find any info on the man. He was real helpful & VERY knowledgeable. He said he had plenty of parts & to his knowledge was the only dealer carrying C & C parts on the east coast. Parts aren't cheap, but they are original C & C pieces. Give me a week or so & if I don't get back to you, get in touch with me-I don't mind.
GENE

Since Cars and Concepts made all of the 82 GN's, and all the 82 GN's had T-Tops, were they all C&C conversions??

bob

I am going to go out on a limb and say they were factory from GM as GM was installing the tops since the introduction of the body style. An easy way to tell would be to see one, anyone seen one?;)

Yes I have, and I took some pics, but didn't get any pics of the t-tops. Didn't think to look at the tops, maybe the car is still sitting there.

bob

How many of you out there have the C & C T-tops? Anyplace you can get replacement rubber for them? Any problems to look for? What is the good, bad and ugly on em??
I have a 1973 Pontiac Fire Am with Cars and Concepts T-Tops that were installed around 1978. These are extremely rare and are by far the very best of all available T-Tops. More info on Cars and Concepts T-Tops and Pontiac Fire Am cars at:
The Fire Am Registry email: the fireamregistry@yahoo.com

The Fire Am Registry website : thefireamregistry.com

The Fire Am Registry youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXxzUbLroPS9uRZCU4nJViA

The Fire Am Registry Forum: https://fireamregistryforum.proboards.com/
BIRD above angle.jpg
BIRD at NHMS1.JPG
BIRD at NHMS2.JPG
Bird Cars %26 Concepts T-Tops2.JPG