Carrera S

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Not sure what year... thay all look alike to me.
It looked new and black and had two sets of twice pipes (who remembers that from the 70's lowrider scene?) in the back.

Driving down my favorite road on the way home, this guy was in front of me at a light and I could see him looking at me when I rolled up. He must have spotted my gauge pod or recognized the GN cuz something made him nod his head. There were a few cars ahead of him. Whne the light went green, he accelerated kinda slow, letting traffic get ahead, and then he gave it some gas to pull away from me, he was going hard, but it didn't seem like a full throttle blast. I didn't try to stick with him...just accelerated normally, caught up to him and followed him lane to lane for a bit as we weaved through.

Finally a small opening showed up so I could get along side him, but there were still three cars (one in each lane) a little ahead so no race yet....but I decided to spook him a little and as I changed lanes, I nailed it, gave him a ricer fly by and poof-poof-pooofed at him as I passed.

Hook swallowed, sunk and set. :biggrin:

I moved to the inside lane since this car ahead was going a little faster than the middle lane. Carrera boy stayed in the outside lane behind a car that was turning ahead. He had to slow a little to clear the turning car and fell 8-10 lengths back, but as soon as his lane cleared, he went all in.

Just then I got my opening to move to the middle lane so I nailed it from about a 40mph roll as I changed lanes and even tho' he had a jump of a couple seconds, we evened out in speed as he caught up to my rear bumper......then I just pulled away. For some reason once I was up a couple lengths he jumped to the middle lane behind me...but all he did was get smaller...and smaller....then he gave up.

Later as I sat at a light, he passed slowly while rolling up to traffic.
I looked over and he was laughing, waving his hand in front of his face and coughing....I guess pretty boy didn't like the smell of Alky burning.

I laughed and yelled, "Hey...she may not be pretty, and she might stink, but she puts out and is a faaaaaaaast girl...and she's mine!"
:D

if it smells like fish, do as you wish. if it smells like alky...

:D :D :D

lol, good kill. You really said that? noice.

if it smells like fish, do as you wish. if it smells like alky...

:D :D :D

lol, good kill. You really said that? noice.

Well....yes...I said it and I'm sure I got most of it out in time for him to hear it....

Part of it is borrowed....
In my Navy days, a Latino buddy of mine and I were out drinking with a bunch of friends while in port in Subic Bay, PI. We all started showing pictures of our ladies back home and complimenting each other on how nice they looked. Well...my buddy was staying quiet. We knew he was married so we pressed him to show a pic of his lady. He finally gets his wallet out, pulls out the pic....looks at it himself for a few seconds and then hands it on.

One by one as it went around, guys would look at it...kinda mumble something inaudible and then quickly hand the pic on and start swilling their Red Horse or San Miguel. A couple of them walked away and I could see them grimacing as they recollected several feet away.

Finally I got the pic and took a look.
The humanity....:confused:
This woman was simply the ugliest thing I'd ever seen. It was a situation where you couldn't find a single quality about her and say smething good about it without looking like you were swallowing gasoline....and I've done that while syphoning tanks in the 70's, so I know what swallowing gasoline is like....
Instead I started swilling my Red Horse and handed the pic on.

The whole group is quiet as he gets the pic back and takes another look at it before stowing it away again.
He looks up and says in this thick hispanic accent, "Jesss. She oogly....an she kinna stink.....buh she miiiine...."
The whole place fell out laughing.

Nice kill. Do you have any track times?

Not yet....
I know I need them...I wanted to go to the LA Invasion event this weekend at the California Speedway, but family stuff hogs most of my weekends from end-to-end
I guestimate by Lou's horsepower estimate (about 450+ at the crank), my seat of the pants dyno and the published times of the various mid 12 second cars I've killed. I'm in the very low 12's on my street tires.

When u gonna get some DR's? Btw, funny azz story.

Ya know...I have actually thought this through....
Part of my "illusion" is I look very stock and I think that's why I get so much luv from the contenders and so little from the po-leece. The purple shaded window tint might also have something to do with it.

I drive this car 50+ miles every day, so as I search for replacement tires, I'm gonna go as wide as I can safely (255's I think) on stock rims in stock fender wells and find a good dry traction tire.

My rear control arms are boxed, so I'll do the air bag thing too and with all that I think I'll be good to go.

May not hook as good as DR's but IMHO, that's not a bad thing....I don't want to break parts.... that'll make momma mayud.
:biggrin:

Just a thought. I actually got turned on to these by another board member and former SoCal terror... 295/50R15's from Pepboys. Brand was Futura and they fit real nice on the stock rims. They looked good too. Less than $100 a piece when I bought them a few years ago. No, these aren't top of the line DR's but they will do the trick.

Good kill and great story btw, I imaginged swallowing gasoline and made the same face...:p

Just a thought. I actually got turned on to these by another board member and former SoCal terror... 295/50R15's from Pepboys. Brand was Futura and they fit real nice on the stock rims. They looked good too. Less than $100 a piece when I bought them a few years ago. No, these aren't top of the line DR's but they will do the trick.

Good kill and great story btw, I imaginged swallowing gasoline and made the same face...:p

Thanks for the tip. I'll check them out.

Ya...swallowing gas...I don't recommend it.
It will actually kill you.
I was trying to get a tank syphon going on a dark night by applying the lip-o-suction" method....and couldn't see if gas was coming down the line. The vapor was bad enough and making me ill, but when my mouth suddenly filled with gas......... AAA-AA-A-A-AAAAAK!!!:eek:

I spit it out, but there was enough mixed with my saliva and coating my mouth that I ended up swallowing a little bit....that was enough...I started puking my Jack in the Box all over the place and didn't stop dry heaving for hours.:eek:

It' took several days for the taste to leave me, and I couldn't stop burping. Every time I burped, it tasted like gas...:frown:

Nasty!!!!

Ya know...I have actually thought this through....
Part of my "illusion" is I look very stock and I think that's why I get so much luv from the contenders and so little from the po-leece. The purple shaded window tint might also have something to do with it.

I drive this car 50+ miles every day, so as I search for replacement tires, I'm gonna go as wide as I can safely (255's I think) on stock rims in stock fender wells and find a good dry traction tire.

My rear control arms are boxed, so I'll do the air bag thing too and with all that I think I'll be good to go.

May not hook as good as DR's but IMHO, that's not a bad thing....I don't want to break parts.... that'll make momma mayud.
:biggrin:

If u drive it that much then maybe the Nittos are the way to go. I'm not a big fan of Nittos myself but a lot of guys like em who put a lot of miles on their car like you.

The fact that u put 50 miles a day on ur car is just awesome. It's a true daily driver;)

Lol... I guess that's one way to not break parts by not running DR's. I just don't think u know what ur missing. I would atleast have an extra set of rims with a set of DR's for cruise night.

I look forward to ur next kill;)

If u drive it that much then maybe the Nittos are the way to go. I'm not a big fan of Nittos myself but a lot of guys like em who put a lot of miles on their car like you.

The fact that u put 50 miles a day on ur car is just awesome. It's a true daily driver;)

Lol... I guess that's one way to not break parts by not running DR's. I just don't think u know what ur missing. I would atleast have an extra set of rims with a set of DR's for cruise night.

I look forward to ur next kill;)

My options for good tires on the stock 15" wheels are pretty slim, that's for sure.