carb turbo no computer...

Nooooo nooo nooo....

those are not cheap-o turbos.

I have to admit......... there the guys I ended up contracting to make me my carbon seal plates.

yup these boys is no joke, and are the only guys besides myself, who build entirely custom CARBON SEAL backing plates, and ball bearing carbon seal turbos.

Amazing,

They are worth the money - and have excellent customer service. but they are FAR from cheep.

:eek:A.j.

I wondered there is a guy here locally who is a dealer and he's been cutting some deals.

Let's get below the 12.9 barrier first Aj. Then worry about getting faster than that.

I reckon im cracking the low 11 now, with just the adapter on the weiand. I have very little fears for the 10s now.

Its almost unfair at this point though.... with the diet the truck is on, at 2467 lbs I better be that fast.

I figure the new motor with just the 6152 and the intercooler will easily make low 10s.

not because of horse power, but on my sheer light weight alone.

A.j.

I reckon im cracking the low 11 now, with just the adapter on the weiand. I have very little fears for the 10s now.

Its almost unfair at this point though.... with the diet the truck is on, at 2467 lbs I better be that fast.

I figure the new motor with just the 6152 and the intercooler will easily make low 10s.

A.j.

Well that's just cheating. ;)

I've heard a few things about the Chinese turbos too. That the bearing failures are usually due to garbage in the turbo. Apparently they don't bother to make sure there are no metal shavings inside. Also, the seals tend to be junk. On top of all that, their measurement claims can be suspect as to inducer/exducer size and compressor housings.
Jeez, they can build AK-47 clones and Colt 1911 clones, but not a turbo.

A.j.

Talk about crack?:eek: LOL That ain't fair Aj.:biggrin: Have you decided on the new rear suspension yet? What I sent you should do what you need to get her down the track without any problems.

Well that's just cheating. ;)

No joke. That just aint fair Aj. Maybe we need to add a fat chick in the back to make it even and give you some traction at the same time.:biggrin: LOL

Talk about crack?:eek: LOL That ain't fair Aj.:biggrin: Have you decided on the new rear suspension yet? What I sent you should do what you need to get her down the track without any problems.

LOL, Im actually still running on the leafs, well not the factory ones, but a set of HD S10 units. As well as the rear from the S10 with a used set of Comp engineering launch bars for an S10 rear system. And it hooks amazingly well! just an idea I borrowed from the nitrous S10s in the pump gas drags. I do fully intend to go with your idea charlie, when the stage 2 goes into he truck it will be almost mandatory. But so far, it almost seems as if the chevy luv was designed for the buick V6... as when installed in a reasonable manner, provides a decent 55/45 front rear weight ratio. so traction isnt really an issue. the 275/60R15s help alot too.

No joke. That just aint fair Aj. Maybe we need to add a fat chick in the back to make it even and give you some traction at the same time.:biggrin: LOL

I almost agree that it isnt fair, if i can manage to buid any kind of serious horsepower 9s could be a possibility. So I might have to take you up on the fat chick when it comes time for us to duke it out.

I dunno.... 10s is still 10s with a carb turbo. any kind of win we can make for the turbo system is good for us!

;)A.j.

I think we may have to handicap it Aj. Add another 1k to the truck so we weigh about the same. Talk about getting some traction then, your little truck would hook really good then. LOL

'28 Essex w/ Buick V-6 Turbo

Ok Folks

Finnaly found the camera. Here is the V-6 Turbo I bought for my '28 Essex super Six. So pray tell, what the hell do I have here and have I bitten off more than I can chew.

I will need to off-set the engine 1.5 inches for the crossover to fit within the frame. Is that a problem?

One of the pix shows the back of the intake, where do I find the grommet that is used on the vaccumn (?) tube from the turbo? and what else connect there?

I have the ESC that connects to the distributor.

The carb needs to rebuilt, but I don't need all the vaccumn line on it. So a relacement is a holley spreadbore or just rebuild what i have a block off the vaccumn ports.?

hey, any in put is greatly appreciated.

Thanks to previous replies from dr frankenstein and charlef1.

Dan Marx
dlmarx@bellsouth.net
803-425-8649

Attachments

• P1000561_edited.jpg
    P1000561_edited.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 439
  • P1000560_edited.jpg
    P1000560_edited.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 434
  • P1000564_edited.jpg
    P1000564_edited.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 436
  • P1000572_edited.jpg
    P1000572_edited.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 437
  • P1000568_edited.jpg
    P1000568_edited.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 410
Nice Hudson/essex! The Turbo buick looks good in there. This is going to be nice.

Looks good Dan. You need to start your own thread though. Yes, sometimes we hijack one but it's not intended. Aj, Adam, and I are probibly the worst about it but it's not intended. It just happens. As far as the tube off the back of the turbo it's the drain to put oil back to the engine. I really need to update the carb thread but I've been lacking motivation lately. I'll see what I can do sometime next week so you know what you're looking at.