Car won't start when it warms up

10secregal

Hi everyone, I have a brainbuster here. My car starts great. Idles fine. Running a bit rich though. Turn her off. Won't start back up untill it cools down. Changed the cranksensor, camsensor, coil packs. Just don't know what it could be. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Did you change the ignition module too, or just the coil pack?
Do you have a scanmaster?
Do you still hear the fuel pump coming on?

Hi everyone, I have a brainbuster here. My car starts great. Idles fine. Running a bit rich though. Turn her off. Won't start back up untill it cools down. Changed the cranksensor, camsensor, coil packs. Just don't know what it could be. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

sounds like ignition module..take it to autozone and have it tested..

I have a similar problem. Usually starts without a problem when it's cold but after it warms up, you can turn the key and it cranks and cranks but won't start. I've developed a method of starting it. I only crank for short bursts until I get some sort of firing reaction. I also press the gas pedal down a couple times, then crank with pedal up, and and as soon as it "weakly" catches I quickly hit the gas pedal to keep it running... gotta be fast! :D The car runs perfect otherwise. No WOT issues. I did move the cam sensor clockwise about an inch, and it seemed to improve but very little. Seems more like I'm not getting adequate fuel into the combustion chamber for starting, like a bad accelerator pump with a carbed car, but I'm still stumped. Maybe I'll put a different coilpak/ignition module on it. I probably have already done this, but I've had the issue for so long, I can't remember what I've done to locate the problem. :D

Yes I changed the module too, just forgot to add it before. I don't use a scanmaster, I have an older style F.A.S.T. system. Also, when I'm trying to start it after it is warmed up it doesn't show any RPM when cranking through the computer. Aslo the LED on the caspers cam sensor blinks like it should until the engine gets hot, then it stops blinking. Also, I the fuel pump does run. I don't think it is fuel related.

If I have time tonight I'll hook the laptop up and take a few screenshots. Hey TurboBuRick, why did you copy my avatar? HaHa. Very nice car though. Thanks

If I have time tonight I'll hook the laptop up and take a few screenshots. Hey TurboBuRick, why did you copy my avatar? HaHa. Very nice car though. Thanks

LOL! ya well you know. :redface:

If the cam sensor stops blinking when it's hot, I think you just found your problem. I never had much luck with those casper caps.

The only problem is, is that it has the same problem with a stock cap as well. Even with the stock cap it will not start when it gets hot.

module

It definetaly sounds like the ignition module is going bad but you have not mentioned if your f.pump is ok - is there a fuel gauge that you can look at when car is hot and the last one is oil pressure too low..:eek: