Car won't start.. HELP!!

Might double check your grd connections. especially the ones behind the head on the passenger side. or the one to the firewall. possibly when the engine rocks on startup it breaks grd. :confused: It's a long shot, I'm not sure if it would create such a problem. What kind of indications are you getting from yur gages? showing fuel pressure? oil pressure?
what about your cam or crank sensors?
basicly, you'll have to go back over your sensor connections and make sure they are connected correctly and no pinched wires,etc. try to give as much feed back as you can. :)

Check the grounds like he said first. I put a remote start on my truck a few years back and it did the same thing. Would crank for just a second and shut right back down on me, was the factory security working like it should. Maybe yours is kicking in on you? Daniel :confused:

Well.. I went over the car again.. I can't find any reason why it wont start. The pump turns on & It's getting spark. :confused: :confused:

Some pics & a Video.

100_2155.jpg

100_2153.jpg

100_2152.jpg

Where do these 2 wires go?
100_2147.jpg

Video
http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=CD2FEA29-5CC4-4170-A1A1-4E74041E8C51
(The video was a bit longer but the damn site cut it down in the upload)

The one in your right hand appears to be the AC clutch and the one in your left should be the fuel pump test lead :cool:

Thanks.. ;)

---------------------------

OK.. Heres an update:

I put the pipes back on. I pulled the chip out of the computer.. It started right up & ran (in limp mode).

Here are the chips I have. What are they??

The one with the blue smiley is the one that was in it when I bought it.

chipsfront.jpg

chipsback.jpg

The Yellow smliey is the one with the blue smiley on the front. It has the numbers "6" & "19" written on it.

The one that has the "Way To Go" on the front has "24/23/21 GN" written on the back

The last one says "Awesome" on the front & nothing on the back.

I tried all the chips.. None of them will start the car.

Soooo... I put the blue chip back in. I put the test key/paper clip in the port to test the computer. Key off... 12..12..12..12..12..12.. Soooo nothing new there.. Well I tried to start the car with the key/paper clip in the port. It started right up.. I pull it out while it was running. I stayed running NOT in limp mode.. It ran good. I turned it off & tried to restart it. I'm back to the same crap.. Run for a 1/2 a sec. & die.. ???

Thanks
Carl

I still say it sounds like the security on the car is kicking on. With the clip in it was in bypass to check for codes and since it was running maybe it stayed till you shut it off? Do you have a friend that will swap comps with you for a second and see if the problem goes to his car? I don't know how to get it out if it is in security mode come on guys any gurus on this problem kick in! This guy needs a hand here! Daniel Ray :confused:

Hi,
Wierd problem, but if it fires up in "field effect" mode, maybe it's the chip or chips. The diag mode ignores all programming, base timing and batch fire on the injectors. Do you have the cam sensor right?Good luck!

83ttypecooled said:
Hi,
Wierd problem, but if it fires up in "field effect" mode, maybe it's the chip or chips. The diag mode ignores all programming, base timing and batch fire on the injectors. Do you have the cam sensor right?Good luck!

Tha cam sensor was never removed..

83ttypecooled said:
Hi,

Good eye... Sounds like a copy of a thrasher chip and thats a program in the chip that wont make it start witout doing the "secret"

After reading your posts, sounds like the car runs with the paper clip in place, and it also runs with the chip out......

Its the chip/chips that are incoded with a security system
BW

I think I can rule out anti theft.. I had it running for about 20mins. I drove it out of the garage & let it sit while I cleaned the floor. When I pulled it back in & put it in park, it died. It wont start again. I'm going to change the coil pack (its stock) & I ordered a fuel pressure gauge. BTW.. I have no engine codes & no engine light came on while it was running..

by chance have you considered looking at the park/neutral switch? :confused: other than the module, ecm, fuel pump, security, and wiring harness, what's left? JUst don't get discouraged, when you find it we will all learn something! :biggrin: