Car won't run! Any ideas?

scrobbyd

Okay, I took my first road trip yesterday since getting my car dialed in and confidence built up in my car. Took it on about an 2.5 *hour trip with no issues and minimum boost, in fear I might get stranded. So I get it home get all of my belongings out. I pull my phone charger out of the cigarette lighter and the whole cigarette housing came out with my phone charger. I noticed when it came out that the radio, interior lights, door dinger were not working. I then checked radio fuse, it was good. I then check "cig/clk" fuse and it had blown. I replaced it and everything started working. So this morning I went to leave, made it about an 1/8 of a mile from my house and the car died and wouldn't start. I pushed my Alky purge button and the car fired right up but was running sluggish. Thinking maybe my gas tank maybe low I filled a 6 gallon gas can and put it in. Car fired right up but still a little sluggish. I let it ideal for about 5 minutes, took off to leave again with the same results as before. Purge button on Alky system assisted it back in my garage. Where should I start looking for issues? About 2 months ago I replaces plugs, plug wires, ignition module, coil pack, fuel pump. I've had no problems at all since I've done all this and my car has been running better than ever.*

I can hear my fuel pump fire up when i turn ignition on. I've got my fuel pressure gauge on my dads car right now. But until I get it back my guesses are crank sensor or the cap, possibly coil pack/module or inline fuse under my dash.

Any guesses?

By using the alky to limp it home, it makes it sound like a fuel issue. How old is the fuel filter? Fuel pump? Just because you can hear it, doesn't mean it's working very good.

By using the alky to limp it home, it makes it sound like a fuel issue. How old is the fuel filter? Fuel pump? Just because you can hear it, doesn't mean it's working very good.

Replaced the filter when I did the new fuel pump about 2 months ago.

I've got my fuel pressure gauge on my dads car right now. But until I get it back my guesses are crank sensor or the cap, possibly coil pack/module or inline fuse under my dash.

Any guesses?

Get your gauge back an start there.. Guessing can get very expensive :redface:

Dan is right, I've had my GN 11 years, thought I knew what it always needed & how to diagnose. But, it acted up a few weeks back & I "guessed" what was wrong & it only cost me $330, when it was only a set of plugs that I needed. (they had less than 300 miles on them)

Electrical problems suck, check the whole circuit that the orange wire powers under the dash. even check your fusible links. Sounds like you fried something when the cig lighter pulled out before the fuse popped. Does the car have a hot wire kit on the fuel pump? How about the power antenna, cruise control, vanity mirrors, interior lights, they still working?

When I got my car the previous owner had hooked the stereo to the cig lighter, to much current draw melted the the jacket off of orange wire in multiple places all the way to the fuse block shorting against another wire. Was a PITA to fix.

Bryan

Okay, turns out I just so happen to notice my crank pulley doing a little wobbling. So the first thing I thought was o'$h1t I've spun a main bearing. So I dogged off the project. So yesterday I dropped my oil pan and found nothing but a couple of little bitty pieces of cast. Just like 3 or 4 very small pieces. JPwalt came by and saw the little piece of cast and ask if I check my harmonic balancer, and I told him no. So sure enough my harmonic balancer was cracked thus causing my issues. I call Nick at AZ GN and he has a stock replacement on it's way now. So hopefully that was causing my problems, real good timing that make one believe that problem are caused from different areas.

Thanks Jeremy & Nick and I'll let y'all know if my socalled electrical problems are fixed with my new harmonic balancer.