car wont leave hard or spin tires.

These cars don't leave that hard from a dead idle without foot braking to build some boost first. Maybe the cars with BB turbos will, but I don't think my car will spin the tires much just by stomping the gas from an idle, and it is a mid 11 sec car. Just my experience.

ok i'll check fuel pressure today, and to check chip how do i do that?, and turbo would i have to just pull the cover off and it will have a number on it to tell what it is... thanks for all the info guys...
You will have to remove the passenger side kick panel to access the computer. There is a small cover on the back side, remove it. You will then see the chip, and it should have some sort of ID on it.
As far as the turbo goes, there is probably no number on it. I see the newer Precision turbos do have a sticker on the inlet now, so take a look. You might have to ask the guy you bought the car from to be sure.

It has nothing to do with the TV cable. Don't mess with it. You need to find out what turbo, chip and how much fuel pressure you have. You may have too big a turbo for a stock torque converter or it may just be way too rich or both. Do some homework....

So you are saying it's not a good idea to check the TV cable or what? I had the exact same problem with my old motor. THe combo was dead on and could not get the car to spin the tires. Ended being a TV cable that was completely loose. Re-adjusted the TV cable, went out and did a burn out down the block. I do agree that you need to check the combo and see whats there but it's also a good idea to check the liitle things as well. Could be a combo of many things contributing to his problem.

yes i was foot braking and building boost it would never turn the tires and then when releasing brake wouldn't pull of hard..

he is in harlem, ga....he is a really good guy, he knows everything about these cars...i've talked to him once so far..but his number is 706-833-7459.......brett

Sounds just like my car.
From idle to 2800 RPM my car is a COW.
From 3000 RPM and up it pulls super hard.
If I floor it from a dead stop of off idle it would just roll until the 3000 RPM mark and then brake loose and haul asssss.
My problems are too big of a turbo for my converter and HWY gears out back (numerically lower then 3.42)

there was no chip in car.. and here's a pic of turbo.. it did have a/r 60 on it..
0_IMAGE_008-3.jpg

I would recommend to post your location for one of the members here can look over the car and guide you the right way;)Help is just a PM AWAY

These cars areextremely sophisticated by 1987 standards... but can be digested with common sense..... plenty of reading here....and advice from people who know.

There is a pile of useful info here and over at gnttype.org. Over there there is a recipe so-to-speak .... called "spring cleaning". Basically is tells you everything you need to do to get your car running right stock...... then you can make some assessment of goals... budget.... etc... before you get some direction here..... Someone close to you that knows these cars can also likely really help your learning curve.

FWIW... my car when I started playing with it.... with the stock '87 engine... stock turbo....3" downpipe...test pipe...engine never been into....with only bolt-ons.... and plenty of tuning.... would fry the tires if you loaded up with any boost off the line.... and it would break them loose a little rolling into the gas at 40 mph... when the boost hits..... these cars can really be fun.... but get the basics done first... and insure you are starting with a good running car before you bolt on any parts....

HTH

i meant it seemed to be a stock chip there was nothing on it.. and i posted above im in North Augusta South Carolina.. and thats what im trying to do blazer get it running right before i start upgrading on it.. i mean im not a total noob to turbos.. i have a 02' turbo spec v.. i used the safc II for fuel and a real time data logger for tuning.. car was newer and easier to tune... at least right now it seems that way.. thanks for the info so far guys this is a great forum

should i get a OTC System 2000 Diagnostic Scanner to help with tuning the gn or just go with the scanmaster?

Have a..

should i get a OTC System 2000 Diagnostic Scanner to help with tuning the gn or just go with the scanmaster?

laptop?? If so, how about a Powerlogger???
Take it to Benny, and get educated on the "ins and outs", B4 you blow it up.:eek: