car wont leave hard or spin tires.

utleybanshee

i just purchased this car.. and it wont leave had nor spin the tires... but after you get it rolling to about 20mph boost kicks in and it starts to fly... what could be the problem.. im new to this and any info will be greatly appreciated.. btw its an 87' gn

car won't leave hard or spin the tires

Make sure that it has the factory headers and not the old hooker headers,and if it has the stock headers check for an exhaust leak around the headers and cross over pipe.

Find someone that's familar w/ these cars to help, B4 you drive over the crank....

Check your TV cable and make sure it's adjusted properly and connected to the Throttle body shaft. To adjust it, push the little lever in and push the cable all the way in (at the throttle body). Then push the gas pedal down as far as you can, the TV cable end should pop back out and should be adjusted properly. If it is off or not adjusted properly, you can burn up your tranny. Also, make sure you have no vacuum or exhaust leaks before the turbo. Get yourself a SCANMASTER and check BLM numbers. Does the car blow any black smoke when you hit the gas? Thats a good indication of running too rich and more than likely it has a vacuum or exhaust leak. Start there. These cars a a little bit tricky but once you get to know them, their pretty easy to navigate around! Good luck! -----Jeremy

Sounds like my car when i got it slow to spool and felt like crap till you got rolling you need to find someone local to you

Does it have Flowmaster mufflers? Post the modifications that have been made to the car. That will help online troubleshooters.

can you elaborate more on the tv cable scenario.. thanks

Where the TV cable hooks onto the TB shaft, it pops onto a bracket on the TB shaft actually. The end of the cable has a round metal clip on it. When ou push the metal piece in, sometimes it can be hard to push. But when you do push it in, you can also push the tip of the cable into the housing, it has teeth, by pushing the metal tab, you are releasing those teeth. Anyways, push the end in as far as it will go. Then to re-adjust it, just go into the car, without it running and push the gas pedal to the floor. The tip of the cable will pop out some. Then you are adjusted!! Sounds to me like that may be your problem. ---------------Jeremy

It has nothing to do with the TV cable. Don't mess with it. You need to find out what turbo, chip and how much fuel pressure you have. You may have too big a turbo for a stock torque converter or it may just be way too rich or both. Do some homework....

Well i have the same problem,but mine appears to be an issue with my cam in the car.
Have you had a chance to inspect your cam cause that can a big performance problem JUST ASK DR BOOOST we spend all day working on my car trying to figure out wye my car was super slow.

My gn wouldn't even brake loose the tires in water

ok i'll check fuel pressure today, and to check chip how do i do that?, and turbo would i have to just pull the cover off and it will have a number on it to tell what it is... thanks for all the info guys...