Car won't hook

LOLGN

I'm trying to prepare for this upcoming season and fixing my traction problems with the car in my sig. I have lower control arms and adjustable front shocks purchased but not installed on my otherwise stock suspension car. My car simply does not hook whether it be from a slow roll or a dead stop and forget about using the transbrake. I'm running 275/60 et street radials which spin hot or cold and I've played with the pressures anywhere from 15-25 lbs with little if any difference. I'll see a handful of dragstrip passes a year MAYBE, but I like to play on the unprepped asphalt around me with friends ;). What should I be doing to get some grip on the street?

Pinion angle would be the first thing to play with.

With adjustable uppers u can play around with the pinion angle, and U will see the difference however when I started messing with mine I believe there were different schools of thought on where to put it. -3 degrees -5 degrees whatever just check it and go the other way from there.

Move the IC Back

I would try some lower control arm relocation brackets. They will move the Instant Center more towards the center of the car for better weight transfer. The IC is the imaginary spot where the upper and lower control arms would intersect if they continued. Check out the link below for BMR products.

BMR Fabrication Inc.

Anti roll bar may help your situation. With a 2800 stall and a ball bearing 61 mm turbo the power(torque) is coming in fast! Good luck, it takes time.

It seems like people have good luck with the relocation brackets but I've also seen numerous pics with cars getting torn up because of them which I really want to avoid. The car does spool very fast with the 2800 which makes the problem worse, but the issue was still there with the stock d5. I removed the front sway bar and have skinnies up front now and wonder if bias plies slicks are the way to go.

If you do teh relocation brackets make SURE to brace the front mount point. The pass side will rip right out

Changing the pinion angle will do virtually nothing to help the car hook. Get a few videos of the car launching so I can see whats happening. Also post your suspension details.

A LOT of people would beg to differ on that one lazaris... So back to the original posters point... what else helps the car to hook on pavement.

Ralph is..

Changing the pinion angle will do virtually nothing to help the car hook. Get a few videos of the car launching so I can see whats happening. Also post your suspension details.

right.
You do not tune a suspension w/ pinion angle.
All adjustment of the pinion angle does is to minimize power loss by putting the u-joints at a minimum angle, when applying max torque. [Lower loss]
X2 on the video.
Without "looking", the problems could be chassis unloading,[twist], low level of pitch rotation,[ft end too tite], tires unloading after initial hit, [poor shock control], etc, etc...

A LOT of people would beg to differ on that one lazaris... So back to the original posters point... what else helps the car to hook on pavement.

They can differ if they choose to.
I did say virtually. And what I mean by that is, if there is excessive neg pinion angle it would slow the hit by a very minut amount. Nothing more nothing less.

The original poster was asked to produce some videos to better help but he did not. If your looking for assistance then just ask and post your issue and I would be happy to help.

I don't have an issue. I want to hear more posts on the original issue. What else helps street traction. Cuz whenever I ask people, they all say pinion angle... so now that you guys say pinion angle doesn't help plant the axle harder, now what? More suggestions please.

I don't have an issue. I want to hear more posts on the original issue. What else helps street traction. Cuz whenever I ask people, they all say pinion angle... so now that you guys say pinion angle doesn't help plant the axle harder, now what? More suggestions please.

More power, more anti-squat which requires and IC change, softer shock setting etc etc. Those will plant the axle harder.

right.
You do not tune a suspension w/ pinion angle.
All adjustment of the pinion angle does is to minimize power loss by putting the u-joints at a minimum angle, when applying max torque. [Lower loss]
X2 on the video.
Without "looking", the problems could be chassis unloading,[twist], low level of pitch rotation,[ft end too tite], tires unloading after initial hit, [poor shock control], etc, etc...

More power, more anti-squat which requires and IC change, softer shock setting etc etc. Those will plant the axle harder.

All very good advice, I agree on the pinion angle. Over 100% anti-squat & a good double adjustable shock in the rear will help with a radial.

Have someone watch your car when it launches. If the bumper is not parallel to the ground you need to have something like airbags in the rear springs so that you can adjust the pressure so that the bumper is parallel to the ground when you launch.