Car was hit.....what parts are available?

TRBON8R

A neighbor backed into my GN today. The car was hit at an angle on the left side, and his bumper actually went over mine and smashed into the grille and headlights on the left side. My header panel, headlight bezzels, side marker lights, and left fender are trashed. The dealers are all closed here this time of night. I was wondering if anyone knows if new fenders are available from GM? What about the header panel?

All this comes after I found some scumbag trying to steal the car this morning. :rolleyes: When this car comes back from the paint shop it's getting locked away in a garage. No more sitting on the street. Oh well, I guess I'll be getting that long awaited paint job a little sooner than planned........ :rolleyes:

BEN!

man that stinks....call Brian weaver at Gbodyparts.com tell him we sent ya....he'll hook you up with everything

hope this helps and good luck!

You can still get the bezels and lamps from GM, but no sheet metal. Definitely talk to Brian first though.

The good news is that Regal fenders are pretty impervious to rust. Dunno why but I haven't seen alot of rotted out ones. They are plentiful and cheap. A standard header panel can be used, but the ornament hole will have to be fiberglass filled. Word of caution: After filling the hole, let it sit in the sun for a week before applying body filler. It needs to shrink and expand several times to cure properly. You'll be surprised how cheap this repair can be. It's almost identical to the condition I bought my car in. I'd guess those parts are worth about $125ish.

Side Marker lights are gonna cost you if you find NOS ones.The lefthander is the real PITA ,right is easier to find.They were fetching $100+ per set on Ebay a while back. I haven't seen a set on there lately, just rights.Could go with used a lot cheaper.:confused:Also sorry to here about your misfortune.It happened to me in 1991 with my first GN,someone backed into my frontend..Worked out alright for me,I got my paintjob I needed but parts were more available then.Good Luck.

NEW to TRs:

why is your Email address the same as Mike's?

are you mike?

:eek: just thought of that (sorry, I'm slow) thats a GOOD way to advertise here!:eek: :D :D ;)

<KM@>MPE

hey Ben sorry to hear that.

I hope you get your car fixed soon and back on the Road i feel your pain.

good luck.

Hey Ben nice talking with you today I also have any parts additional you will need including DS marker light.

Kh440 & Mease Thank's for the referral.Keith I'll be in E-town this weekend for the swap meet.Let me know we'll meet up I have some cores for you bud.

Thats funny. new to tr's email address is the same as Mike McCoy's. I even know someone who purchased parts from new to tr's and he is also in the same town as Mike.
Very interesting ;)

Actually we do not have the same email addresses, but Mike has helped me with many items for my TR. I've sold parts to Bweavy, so ask him who I am. My name is Earl also, not Mike.

Re: BEN!

Originally posted by Mease Performance
man that stinks....call Brian weaver at Gbodyparts.com tell him we sent ya....he'll hook you up with everything

luck!
YA IF YOU WANT TO WAIT 5 WEEKS TO GET YOUR STUFF

Re: Re: BEN!

Originally posted by first turbo
YA IF YOU WANT TO WAIT 5 WEEKS TO GET YOUR STUFF

All right with 9 posts I'm trying to figure out what I sold you that took 5 weeks?Christ I just got a payment from a person that took over 3 months & still honored it.
I think I can speak for most vendors not everything is there the next day.
Earl I can say 1 thing you & Mike have to be related never saw 2 similar hand writings like that in my life ;).But I really don't care where the brackets were from they were as described.I actually just got 1 back from the powder coaters today & it looks great!