Car truck and trailer stolen

quickt

Kip Asplund traveled to the Atlanta area to buy an 86 GN that used to be Chuck Leepers old car. A few minutes after the sale the his GN truck and trailer was Stolen from a McDonalds Parking lot in Atlanta. If you see or hear of ANYONE selling car or parts that might be on this list below please drop an e-mail to kipasplund@aol.com or call 812-280-1143. You can also call me at 937-379-2610 or 513-226-1315.

1986 GN VIN# 1G4GK775GP437413
PT-70 TURBO
V-1 INTERCOOLER
DISK BRAKE REAR
PRO STAR wheels and tires w/ hoosier tires on rear
TH-400 w/Neil chance converter
70mm throttle body
84lb injectors

1995 Chev 2500HD Dark Blue with silver
Truck has the right window broken out. (This is how they got into the truck.)

Open center Black trailer with alum toll box on the front

Some of the Parts that were in the back of the truck. There were many more items.
3” cross flow ATR exhaust
2 - 109 short blocks
Billet alum control arms
Burrhead stainless headers
Mild steel headers
Convo pro wheels
2- sets of RJC pulleys one poliched the other black anodized.

Freakin car thieves should be doused with gas and set on fire :mad: MF'ers...
I'll certainly keep my eyes and ears open for anything....

the penalties from the horse thievery days should have been carried over to the present and applied to car thieves. Hang those azzh@les

I'd be nice to hear they find the truck, trailer, and car, but a few crooks, turn up missing. Just as a matter of coincidence. :)

That would be like going from being very happy and proud to total disbelieve.
You would almost think it was a set up......not that i am saying that.
I hope it was all insured!
Good luck.

That's not suprising for ATL. A while back the same thing happenend in Memphis. Truck, Trailer and car was stolen but it wasn't a Buick. I hope he gets something back out of it but it's not likely.

Man that makes me sick reading that. I live in Mississippi, and bought my 87 GN from North Carolina, I trailer'd it back from there and went through atlanta as well, I didnt have any trouble. I sure hope it turns up somewhere and un-harmed.

I also remember hearing about a stolen deal in Memphis a few years back, I think it was at a NMCA Flowmaster Fastest Street Car Shootout. Got the truck, enclosed trailer and a single digit street car is all i can remember.

Hate it hear it

If these idiots are caught . I would suggest and accident such as hitting them in the face with a baseball bat.

Sorry about you stuff. it's tuff you never get what it's worth from dam insurance. And a slap in the face like that stays with you for a lifetime. Make it hard to trust people.:(

I knew a guy that the same thing happend to in Memphis about 10 years ago. They got everything. His new crew cab dually (which was also his business truck), trailer and low 11 sec T-type. Police never recovered the truck or trailer. Found the T stripped and burned. He got lucky in that his insurance covered almost everything.

I think typically your insurance company will automatically cover a new car purchase for 30 days. I think you will be ok here, but it is still a huge headache and will still be out money with the deductible. Sorry for your loss. :( The rat bastards that did this ought to be shot. :mad:

That really sucks! Hope he gets everything back but rarely does this type of thing have a happy ending.

Takes pretty big balls to steal a whole rig like that.

My wife always laughs at me when we have the GN out and we stop at a restaurant before a cruise and insist that we have a table near a window so I can keep an on it.

Originally posted by BuickGn Boosted
That really sucks! Hope he gets everything back but rarely does this type of thing have a happy ending.

Takes pretty big balls to steal a whole rig like that.

My wife always laughs at me when we have the GN out and we stop at a restaurant before a cruise and insist that we have a table near a window so I can keep an on it.

Mark you are so right. It is to the point if you have a really clean GN, You need to be on guard all the time, they are really far and few and always bring a crowd. :cool:

I cannot imagine loosing a entire set-up like this. I would be in the Hospital on the 11th floor blowing bubbles. :(

When I have my GN in public I try to keep it w/in sight at all times. It makes me really nervous being away from it. I'm also nervous driving it for fear of someone hitting me or trying to car jack it.

Later,

Steve.

That is crap. I would bet against the crooks just getting lucky. something looks strange to me. Kip is a good guy, and this sucks.

That is soooo messed up!
I showed this to a buddy of mine and his first response was "I'm surprised they didnt catch it on a surveilance camera since most McDonald have them these days"
I wonder if that particular one had the cameras :confused: