Car sputtering when boost rises and check engine light

87lc2/wo2

I just changed my fuel filter to an AC Delco fuel filter, I made sure that it was installed properly as well. Now my car has an off idle stumble, a check engine light on. What gives? A defective fuel filter? AC delco? I don't have a scanmaster so that sucks. I drive the car, and under light throttle it runs fine, but slightly depressing the gas pedal results in the car hesitating and holding back the boost. The vehicle has a hot wired high prssure fuel pump, 36 lbs injectors, new injector harness, but it was all running fine before I changed the fuel filter. What would likely be the cause?

You need a scan tool of some sorts, it sounds like the computer is retarding the timing, to avoid detonation. could you have kinked a fuel line?

Just like gs462 said double check those fuel lines also make sure nothing got stuck in the filter causing blockage!! Check to see the plastic caps that come on the new filter make sure there's not a piece left inthere when you pulled the tabs off that's if the filter had thaose plasic plugs in there:frown:

First find out why the check engine light is on, you can jump the A and B terminals and the check engine light will flash a sequence which you can look up online. Second correct the problem. Third get a scanmaster.

buy a powerlogger or scanmaster?

The fuel lines don't look kinked and the fuel filter didn't come with caps at each end. I'm thinking of buying either a powerlogger or scanmaster from fulthrottlespeed, but I need your recommendations please. The car still runs with the same problems as mentioned.

Wow is everyone having this problem my car is doing the same thing'' must be in the air Good Luck 87lc2/w02

CODE 34. Shucks, Bad stock MAF

Good question, unfortunately, I tossed it. I got a code from jumping the ALDL connector. Its 34. Bad mass air flow meter. Now, I have a MAF translator and a LT1 meter that came off a parts car, but I need instructions on where to hook up all the connectors for the darn translator. Anyone got instructions or a photo of it being hooked up to help?