Car slowed down w/alky..HELP!

Thanks for the info on the RPM's. With my new tach my car shifts from 1-2 & 2-3 @ 5200 RPM's...so you are right on the money with your input. That will now be my 3-4 shift point at the track.

I just installed my PTE stretch IC. I had lowered my boost from the track setting of 25psi before my install because Mike@ Fullthrottle said I would pick up some boost when removing my stock IC. With all of my other settings the same as when I went to the track, my first test run was 22 psi, 585 02's and 6.65 degrees of knock. Can you say insta spool! That new IC leaned out the car alot:eek: It was now time to put Razors "alky tuning sticky" info to work.

I reset my chip to default, FP@ 42 psi static and now have the car at 24 psi, 790 02's in top of third, 0.0 knock, with blue alky knob at 1/2 way mark. I guess my next step is to slowly drop out the alky till I see knock, correct?

I'd make alky adjustments looking at mph numbers. Not watching for knock. If your spraying too much the car will nose over on the big end. So you reduce alky a little at a time and watch MPH. If the MPH does not go up.. leave it alone.

Street tuning is bad as butt dyno's dont always work like you think they do. So I typically will leave her nice and fat fuel and alky on the street.

HTH

Feels nice and smooth from bottom to top! I will leave it as it sits until my next trip to the track.

My butt dyno was pretty good this morning at 5:30 to 6:00 am...and it happened to coincide with my local city police shift change:biggrin:

Well I finally made it out to the track today. I got my 11 second timeslip!!! The only problem was a 20-30 mph headwind which would account for the low mph. I only made 2 passes and didnt touch my tune from the street. My 1/8 mile was 7.4 so I know without the wind I would have run an 11.60. I took out ALOT of fuel and that made the difference. Thanks for all the input.. Cant wait till I install the bung for my wideband 02 and go back with no headwind and my laptop.:smile:

timing

Well I finally made it out to the track today. I got my 11 second timeslip!!! The only problem was a 20-30 mph headwind which would account for the low mph. I only made 2 passes and didnt touch my tune from the street. My 1/8 mile was 7.4 so I know without the wind I would have run an 11.60. I took out ALOT of fuel and that made the difference. Thanks for all the input.. Cant wait till I install the bung for my wideband 02 and go back with no headwind and my laptop.:smile:

what was timing set at on that pass

23 degrees 1-2 & 22 degrees 3-4

The wind wind was blowing so hard that it was a futile attempt to try and use MPH to guage performance. All the consistent racers I spoke with today said they were down 3 MPH and at least a tenth or two because of the headwind. I will be going back next month and do some tweaking. I am just very happy with my "out of the box" first pass of the day being an 11.80.

I was at 23 pounds of boost, 765 o2 count, 0.0 knock so I know I have a few more horses to squeeze out of her with a little more boost & timing.

23 degrees 1-2 & 22 degrees 3-4

The wind wind was blowing so hard that it was a futile attempt to try and use MPH to guage performance. All the consistent racers I spoke with today said they were down 3 MPH and at least a tenth or two because of the headwind. I will be going back next month and do some tweaking. I am just very happy with my "out of the box" first pass of the day being an 11.80.

I was at 23 pounds of boost, 765 o2 count, 0.0 knock so I know I have a few more horses to squeeze out of her with a little more boost & timing.

Attaboy ;)

Ed, I found my fuel problem. I had a stock pump in the car. I put a new Walbro 340 in and now the 02's are in the .770's. The car dosen't stop pulling now! Wish I would have known that before we went.

Ed, I found my fuel problem. I had a stock pump in the car. I put a new Walbro 340 in and now the 02's are in the .770's. The car dosen't stop pulling now! Wish I would have known that before we went.

With that new pump and no wind u would have gone 11's today for sure. Glad u found the problem.

Don't matter as long as it goes 123 mph. That's all I'm looking for. Should do it now.