Car randomly shuts off.

*BuickBoy*

After driving around for a little like ten min the car will shut off. Lights are on and everything is on except the engine dies. I checked the ignition under the coilpacks to see if it were scammer and it wasnt. After it dies i turn the key off i sit there for ten seconds and it starts. Sometimes it just cranks and cranks but doesnt start unless i sit there. It dies when im slowing down or stopped. Fuel pump?

Just had my car die for the first time tonight. It ended up being one of the three hot wires on the main starter cable at the starter end. It pulled out of the crimp for some reason. May be a good place to check for bad connections.

If thats the problem go to caspers site and get the kit that moves them up near the battery. When it dies can you hear the pump run when keyed back up? Hot wire kit installed? Check for spark and injector pulse when not starting? Does it chug and then die or is it like your shutting the key off?

It will chug for literally a second and just die. I think i jave a hotwire kit on it. I know the starter is going bad it grinds sometimes when i turn the key. So its the connection for the starter?

And which is the cycle on the scanmaster? Im also stationed in korea for the time being. My dads looking after the car while im gone.

Also how can you tell if it has a hotwire kit on the car. I know there is a connector under the bumper.

Also how can you tell if it has a hotwire kit on the car. I know there is a connector under the bumper.
Look under the bumper like you said, you should see your stock fuel pump connector going into a 30 amp relay.

I have a translator pro. I had issues with maf so i bought the pro. Ill have my dad craw under it and see

Mine would stall coming to a stop, but would refire fine. It was the IAC, check the numbers for it on the SM, clean and reset if necessary.

Mine had the same problem, it would stall after coming off the accelerator. I cleaned the IAC with carb cleaner and it fixed the issue.

It will chug for literally a second and just die. I think i jave a hotwire kit on it. I know the starter is going bad it grinds sometimes when i turn the key. So its the connection for the starter?

Your running out out fuel it sounds here.Fuel Pump,Fuel Pump Wiring/connectors,Fuel Filter,Crimped lines,Adj. Fuel regulators bad?

Ill have my dad check it out. It died on me before and i opened it up and it had pressure,atleast that is what the guage read. I forgot that i checked that before.