Car problems

oneshot

I went and filled my car up and my car pretty much ran great. Today i am driving it and it starts chugging(bucking) at all diffrent speeds 20,30,40 and 60 mph. I can give it gas and it almost like my fuel is cutting out then on, cutting out then on very quick. Not ot the point of dieing but just something is interrupting the car while i am driving it. Hard to explain on a forum i know. I changed my spark plugs and also fuel filter but still get the same results.

SM readings

Idle
472 0.0
AF 05
L8 36
bae 14.0
ine 128
6L 124
NPH 00
CLE 123
AE5 75
R 850
EP5 .42
IAC 27
cc 14-270 Keeps going all over the place
NAC 41

Sounds like the MAF sensor. Try tapping on it while the engine is idling. Not a perfect test but works most of the time if the MAF is bad. If the car stumbles while tapping change the MAF. (Get a GM one or a translator, not an aftermarket MAF.)

Trying a buddies known good one on your car is the best and cheapest way.

Your scanmaster data looks okay to me but that's just at idle. It could be as simple as bad gas, since it occurred soon after filling up. You could check your fuel pressure while drive at speed to ensure it's steady and proper psi.

It sounds more like an intermittent ignition problem rather than fuel. Maybe check your TPS voltage as you slowly open up the throttle key on-engine off to make sure there's no drop outs. You could swap out the MAF and then coil pack with a known good one just to see if it makes a difference - borrow from someone is what I like to do when troubleshooting rather than guessing and buying a bunch of parts.

ChrisCairns said:
Sounds like the MAF sensor. Try tapping on it while the engine is idling. Not a perfect test but works most of the time if the MAF is bad. If the car stumbles while tapping change the MAF. (Get a GM one or a translator, not an aftermarket MAF.)

Trying a buddies known good one on your car is the best and cheapest way.
I have to agree with you and thats not often :cool:
Are you coming to Turbo Thunder?

geno said:
I have to agree with you and thats not often :cool:
Are you coming to Turbo Thunder?

That's because you're ugly. All good looking people agree with me.

Hopefully....I just got my new engine running and I've put 600 miles on it so far. Sounds good and gets 24 mpg. That was with a AF ratio of 14.5. Today I upped it to 15.5 so it may do better at mileage.

It won't be as fast as my last one though since I've got a more restrictive exhaust and a 3 bolt turbo. And since I'm sick of working on these damn things I'm going to run slower and break less. :)

My T-type was just doing the same thing and it turned out to be a bad MAF! Do the easy test that Chris mentioned.

I plan on testing at Bremerton raceways on Friday, June 16th, from 4pm-dusk as long as the weather is good. You're welcome to come out and we'll swap out my stock MAF and see if it fixes your problem. Should know in about 10 minutes for swap out and test drive.

oneshot said:
That would be great if you have the time

Sure, right after I do a 1/4 mile blast it will need to cool down between runs. Then would be ideal and I'll still get in plenty of runs :)

Do you still want to try my MAF? If so, PM me to make arrangements for this Friday. I will not make it if the weather is rainy or showers which is the current forecast, so I'm hoping they're wrong like usual and instead it's sunny :rolleyes: