Car passed emissions with ME chip!

PsychoBuickBoy

The Money Pit
Yesterday I passed emissions (IM240) with my Max Effort chip and the power plate without the EGR hole drilled! I thought for sure I would fail miserbly but to my surprise I passed. Only thing I did was put on my cat and a bottle of Guaranteed to pass in the gas tank. They did spend a good 20 minutes though checking for all the emission equipment, the guy even said "I am surprised you passed". I said "Me too!":D

Does that REALLY work??

Perhaps this should be posted in the tech section, but since you posted, I had to ask. Do you think that Gauranteed to pass stuff really work??? My Buick is coming up soon for its test. I'm just going to see how the car does...

temporary??? you've had those 009's for a long time no? good to hear you passed. its not impossible just need to make sure its running perfect. that GTP does help alot. helped me pass after failing.

What exactly does GTP do? Will the GTP work even if you have a brand new 3" cat and fresh motor with less than 10k miles?

I'll be trying to get my car through emissions next week. This wil be my second try. I'm running a ME, 72's, ported heads, cam, and no EGR. Place your bets now!

-Banning.

Banning,

Sure fire way is the two pins pointed out in the other thread from before. The guy from PA did it with basically everything missing! I can't point it out to you again because I was reprimanded in an e-mail.

Banning, De-natured alcohol from a paint store will do the trick too. Try it it helps. Good luck,Frank

Hey much of this de- natured alcohol should you put in the tank and gas mix, i have to take the buick and my jeep soon.

I just put one bottle to like 3/4ths a tank. Think the bottle was a pint or pint and a half. Thanks,Frank