Car needs help...

ApullinV6

I thought I had a water problem, but not really sure now. I drained tank, changed two filters and now have new gas in car and car is still acting up. I can leave house and car runs fine, after about 5 miles car will pick up a miss and eventually shut itself down. Once car cools off alittle, car will run fine until repeating itself

I downshifted car alittle and hit gas and car shut itself down, but cranked right back up. When I made it home, car's idle was higher than normal not coming down.

What could be causing this? :confused:

Picks up a miss and eventually shuts down. Could be a few things.

Do you have a spare known good coil and module combo to swap onto your car?
Im thinking along the lines of something heating up, ecm, module, fuel pump,relay for fuel pump ect and then failing, but starts back up once cooled off.

First thought: module
Second would be a power wire shorting to ground, but only enough to cause issues and not pop a fuse.

Start with the simple stuff and work from there. ground on fuel pump hotwire, relay for fuel pump, power supply to relay from alt to relay ect. Hardwire the fuel pump relay and see if it dissapears.
Swap in a buddies module and coil. DO NOT SEPARATE YOUR COIL AND MODULE YET. See if that fixes it.

Then it might be ecm, doubt it, but it could be the pump is overheating.
Mine did the same thing one day, had to drive 1 mile on meth and the car ran for 2 minutes with zero fuel pressure:eek:

BW

I went to get some plugs AC-CRr42's but I was told they no longer sale/make them.
What is the best plug to buy? (20-25#'s of boost)

I know coil pack is plenty hot (nailed me the other night), when I got home with car after one of it's missing episodes. I pulled each wire off one by one just to see and YES it got me. Will not do that again...

I went to get some plugs AC-CRr42's but I was told they no longer sale/make them.

I know coil pack is plenty hot (nailed me the other night), when I got home with car after one of it's missing episodes. I pulled each wire off one by one just to see and YES it got me. Will not do that again...

Dont waste my time bud.
Do you have a friend with a coil and module to swap and test?

When the module is put under a load (driving) it will miss fire if its not working properly.
I didnt ask if it puts spark out, i asked if you can swap it to find if thats the issue.
NGKUR5 Good for no boost and 30+psi

Tell them they are FOS and go to another autoparts store... those are the plugs you want and yes, they make 'em... :smile:

Hot 'don't mean squat' refering to the coil pack..... :tongue: Like KC said, probably the coil pack, module, or maybe fuel pump dying... the ignition parts start acting flaky at high temp when they are dying.... probably your problem...

I'll be getting some plugs, wires, and a new coil pack. Thanks for all the help.

Good to know about the plugs....

New Problem after Coilpack Installation

Installed new coilpack, plugs and wires...now car will not even try to start. Coil pack is on exactly how old unit come off. What could be wrong? Car was running before I did this, could I have a bad coilpack?

The gum like material in the module is a bi_ _h. If your not careful, you could get that stuff everywhere.

O.K. I looked back thru the post and checked the fuel pump relay..found the male plug is melted, so it has definately gotten hot. So I know I need to replace it. What would cause relay to get that hot? Walbro fuel pump has less than 5000 miles on it.

As far as cranking issue now, fuel pump pressurizes system at start up so car should at least hit, but isn't??:confused: