Car Lift

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
I am currently getting both my garages the way I want them on the new property and need lift advise.
Here are some facts so far:
- The lift will be going in a 24x30 garage
- The ceilings should come out to 10+ft with a peak in the middle. Again, I think it will be more, but I am currently working on getting the ceilings higher.
- The floor is on footings with a floating floor

Things I want:
- Looking to spend 3k max 3500
- I like the idea of 2 point because the wheels are unloaded, but I like the fact that the 4 point is drive on
- Safety is a major concern

Questions:
What type of lift would be best for me?
What are the pros and cons on 2 vs 4 point?
Can i get American made with the money I want to spend?

What lift do you guys have and what jobs do you do with them?

A 2 post lift will probably be ok if your rafters are peaked in the middle because the posts are 12' but the car hood and trunk will barely hit 9' on full lift. As far as brand goes you might have to go used for American made & certified for $3000-$3500. Mine isn't, but I don't feel like my safety is in jeopardy using it , very stable.

Here's mine, I bought it from Greg Smith equipment. It's the Atlas 10,000 pound model. It's not American made but it's a tank. I did a bunch of research before I bought it. Many guy's happy with it. The main thing I learned to watch out for is where the hydraulic cylinders were made. That's the crucial factor on the lift. The rest is just steel and cables. For a hobby guy it's way more than you need. I think I paid $2600 shipped to me.

You may check with a Snap On salesman. I think they have a model that's decent in your price range but it will take all your money +. If money wasn't an object get a Rotary.

I'm happy with mine, some of the little parts are cheap but I'm getting along fine.

Go 2 post, forget the drive on deal. It takes 2 minutes to get my car in the air and there's nothing in my way.

I'm watching to see the input here... trying to see what my best option may be.
I only have a 10 ft ceiling, but most of my cars are relatively "short".

I'm watching to see the input here... trying to see what my best option may be.
I only have a 10 ft ceiling, but most of my cars are relatively "short".
The top of the posts are 12' . I've seen a lift installed with the top cross bar above the bottom of the trusses . It stuck up into the second floor storage . I'll put mine up all the way and see how high the car goes . Sam

I have the 10K # atlas lift as well. Mine is the extra height version, LOVE IT.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I put my car all the way up . 10' to the top of the car , and 5' 11" to bottom of front cross member . Mine is 12' to the top of the posts . Hope this helps . Sam