Car is together again

Ttype83

USAF Retired
I got it all back together again and was only missing 2 or 3 bolts. I bagged most as I removed them and labeled the bags. I still need to replace the oil line :rolleyes: ATR has a nice one that I think I'll get if it's long enough. Still have to drop the cross over & uppipe to get them to seal right. Then it tuning time and some larger rear tires, The 205 14's wouldn't even hold at a 0 boost launch now. Thinking of getting 245 60 15's that should give me a 26" tall tire
Jim

Cool. :cool:

Oil line to the turbo? I think Classic Tube and/or Inline tube has them prebent. Shouldn't be too hard to bend yourself.

The 235/60R15 is the 26" tall tire. 245/60R15 is 26.6" (I have a BFG book in front of me).

Best combo, IMO, is 235/60R15 up front, 255/60R15 outback (27") on a 7" rim or 275/50R15 (26") on a 8" rim.

Only 2 or 3 bolts missing... Your doing better than me.

Good news, glad it is back together.

2 or 3 bolts missing is better than having 2-3 bolts left over provided that the ones missing aren't inside the cylinder. :D

"Oil line to the turbo? I think Classic Tube and/or Inline tube has them prebent. Shouldn't be too hard to bend yourself. "

That’s what I did bend it to shape. And with the coil disconnected crank it over with a paper cup under to the line (I didn't connect it yet) and turned it over until I got a couple once out to "flush the line”, Then I connected it to the turbo and reconnected the coil and fired it up.

I didn't like the way the stocker was routed, So I made my own.

Originally posted by b4black
Oil line to the turbo? I think Classic Tube and/or Inline tube has them prebent. Shouldn't be too hard to bend yourself.
I use to bend sheet metal and pipes a LONG time agoI can do it, but have my eye on a braided steel line. If their's isn't long enough I'll make my own.

Originally posted by b4black The 235/60R15 is the 26" tall tire. 245/60R15 is 26.6" (I have a BFG book in front of me).

Best combo, IMO, is 235/60R15 up front, 255/60R15 outback (27") on a 7" rim or 275/50R15 (26") on a 8" rim. [/B]
I look them up today too, I have on the front 195/65r15 on front
on these rims http://members.fortunecity.com/ttype83/Pictures/1stburn.jpg
The tires to narrow for the rim (bulges out) it maybe a 7" rim, not sure of the back spacing. I'll pull them tomorrow and see.

Want back spacing do I need for the 255'S? I know TurboRich has them on his and it rubs a little. B4Black I think you are using a 4 1/2" back spacing on yours, but you are running 235's on back. I thought that you had but on some 255's but couldn't find the thread.

80sportcoupe,
This is the secound time my car has been down in the last year, first time 5 months, last time 4 months, so know how you feel.

Pat... you are to funny :p

Jim

Hey Jim, I have 245/60r14's on the n78 wheels on back. Want pics? I am running 205/70r14's on the front. fit nicely and close to the same height. close enough you can't tell by looking.

No rubbing.

The GN steel and Buick Rallye are both 15x7 w/ 4"BS.

I have some 275/50's, but they rubbed a little, and are really too wide for a 7" rim. On a 15x8 w/ 4"BS, they would be perfect.

255/60 would work very well with a 15x7 w/4"BS.

I measured the rims...8" rims with 4"BS...so I think that I'll shoot for the 275/50/15's.

Still working on sealing exhuast leaks. :mad: took for tries to get the uppipe to seal, 3 on crossover, only to find that my passenger header is leaking out the bolts :confused: pulling it apart again today and adding some cooper seal to the header.
Need to replace some vac lines too, blow one off yesterday under boost. Hope the HG's held.

Jim