car is slower with new trans and convertor why?

turbo tom

Whats the problem? I recently replaced my trans with a Lonnie Dires stage 2 trans and a new torque convertor vilg 9.5 lu and now my mostly stock car is running slower. Do I need to go to a bigger turbo for the new torque convertor or maybe larger injectors? Any help will be appriciated.

List more info on your combo and what's the stall on that new converter? Have you verified this slower performance at the track, or just the butt dyno?

The converter is the "key" to your combo. It will make it or break it. Sometimes it takes a few re-stalls to dial it in.

Stock block and stock turbo. Green strip injectors tin man cold air ,new valve springs, dual airbag, stage 2 trans and vig 9.5 lu 3400,ATR twin double pumper fule pump

a 3400 Converter is a little overkill for a stock turbo. I think 2800 is what should be okay with it right?

What pump number is the converter? A 0 pump would stall around 3000, and in no way could I see it slowing down that power level. Did your MPH drop? What are your O2's? You don't need a double pumper. It might be flooding the car out.

going to install new injectors, new ttweak chip, a hot wire and some rear seat braces before i go back to the track.

lock the converter in mid second gear and see what happens. That'll take the stall out of the equation and a multidisc can surely handle a stocker setups output.

And what Mike said. what did it 60 before and after?

Still running a stock cam with 5200 rpm shift points? Too much converter.Or get a better higher shifting cam.

not utilizing the stock powerband with that converter. unless your going to upgrade to a 60 plus turbo then put a stock 12 inch back in and watch it pull thru the rpm range. a car stock car will pull harder starting out wot at 1800 thru 5200 that starting out at wot at 3200 to 5200 your not using all the power the car has to offer

went back to stock chip because i was having knock issues and went 13.7 on my last run at 97mph