car has no power

bayboy87natl

Newbie here i have owned my 87 gn for 6 years now with 95k original miles.Yesterday morning i went to start it and it seemed to be only running on 3 cylinders and it had a cold start out of nowhere. I drive it and has no power doesnt missfire or smoke.The oil looks clean and has not overheated at all.So i brought it to my mechanic and did compression check and all the 3 cylinders are leaking.It all started when i went to fire it up that morning and just was seemed to be running on 3 cylinders.I was told i need a new engine.Any help would be help full sorry for the long story.Oil is clean,no smoke,just runs like its dead.No scan master

How did it run the last time out? What kind of plugs are you running? When they did the compression test did he add any oil to cylinders? Gas will wash down cylinders and you will loose compression. did they do a leak down test? The engine just does not go bad from sitting overnight. Where are you located.

my car was running fine no problems, i started it and had a lifter sound cold start but never came around ,you can throttle the gas manually no prob, but driving it has no power

Post up in the south west section. There are alot of great Buick mechanics out there. You need a buick guy to look at this car.

turbolou is who you want to talk to .How far are you from lake forest cali?

Camshaft missing a few bumps maybe..........Call Louuuuuuuuuuuu.

If it is less then 8 hrs. I would haul it to him.

Assuming engine started running smoothly after a minute or so, may have been nothing more than an injector leaking down. Once they start doing that, tend to have to replace to fix. Otherwise, it is strange for the engine to go from good to bad just by sitting overnight. Rule out simple stuff like loose cam sensor, plugs, plug wires, etc.

Cam sensor can make one run weak, backfire or keep from cranking (hints that it will catch but it never does). I have not had one cause rough idle though. Injector leaking down, mass air flow sensor or ignition issues are another story.

the morning it started having problems,the motor sounded horrible,lifter tap like there was no oil in engine