Car dies for no reason, please help

marleyskater420

still needs to learn
This has happened 3 times, all randomly.

First- Car is going uphill, I dont remember if I was driving it hard or not, but I am going on a goodsize uphill incline, letting it idle along, and I go to give it gas, and it dies.

Second-I was going fast and running my turbo on the freeway(safely,dont worry)and I went on this long stretch of road, and made my turbo do some work, and then about 3 or so minutes later,I am idling along,and I go to turn, and the engine shuts off.

Third-I was running my turbo good on and off for about 15 or so minutes and I went idling down my buddies street, and the car died.Just idling along.

Everytime the car starts right back up, and I have not had any problems with starting it, cold or hot.

I think its the fuel injection?

I am ordering an entire new fuel system(injectors,pump,regulator) soon,hopefully, so please tell me its the fuel system.

Thank you greatly!

Reset the IAC. Use the Joe Lubrant procedure. Stall Saver function is not working right. May also clean the throttle body.
Mitch

crank sensor

Do you hear a faint "ting-ting-ting" coming from the front of the motor? I'd check your crank position sensor, as if it was slightly out of alignment, it may now be at that point where it becomes intermittent, just before it dies compleletly. The new bracket/sensor assy is cheap, and always carry a spare!

have had similar problem , it starts right back up but no codes were stored ,
lucky for me the GN is not a daily driver , I dont take it out anymore without being sure i have a cell phone and its was too damn random to take it on any lenthy trips
, have done new pump,hotwire ,injectors, turbo hoses ,and everything is in spec (iac, tps,etc ) and problem was still there after .
tried a new coil, still died , others have suggested a failing ign module and i dont have one laying around so for now ive switched over to a typeII coil ign module asm and so far no repeat , hopefully that was it .
if it dies again ill post it and move on to crank and cam sensors

yup, iac, tps, crank sensor, or maby an exaust leak that allows fresh air in when headers are nice and hot. Gap expands, and when you come off of boost, the pressure lowers in the exaust system enough to let in fresh air, inbetween pulses. The o2 sensor will get a whiff of too much oxygen, and dump in fuel, car stalls. Check all exaust components when hot. It is hard to hear a small exaust leak with no boost.

Scott

Originally posted by buickboy
Reset the IAC. Use the Joe Lubrant procedure. Stall Saver function is not working right. May also clean the throttle body.
Mitch

Ill do that. Is there any place online that shows you how? The guy I usually have help me,cant because I have school and he has work.

Thanks.

Oh and I dont hear any "ting ting ting", at least from what I can hear.

Dont you all jump at once to let me know where I can learn to do this at, otherwise I might not findout. :p

my car used to die randomly. usually on light acceleration or right when i tap the gas from idling along. for some reason i replaced the 02 sensor and the problem has never come back. not sure why the o2 fixed it. :confused: