Car died/ no fuel

LimitedT

Just taking a ride today doing about 75 and engine just cut out. Coasted and parked safely. Dosnt seem to be any fuel pressure at the rail and I cant hear the pump prime when I turn the key. Would like to check the simple things first. I have acess to parts off of my other cars also. My question is which relay is the fuel pump relay and could this be the problem? Also I have the hot wire kit installed could it be that relay? I looked on the Turbo regal web site under fuel systems but they just give you hints for low fuel pressure problems. I know this has been discussed a million times but my memory just isnt what it should be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
TIA
Dave Noe

Hey Dave, long time no see. :)

I'd start with the FP/INJ fuse first.

Then check the fuse that should be in line with the hot wire lead off the alternator or battery.

The fuel pump relay is the first one just past the turbo boost gauge thingy on the passenger side of the car. Fenderwell area.

Should have 4 wires on it. pink/blk power through the FP/INJ fuse and blk/wht which is coil ground wire to a good ground.

Gray is the output to the pump itself or may be the output to trigger your hotwire relay depending on the setup.

Darkgreen with white stripe is the ECM trigger +12 upon priming and running goes direct to the ECM.

I'd find the gray prime wire near the alternator and put +12 on it to see if the pump runs and primes also as a test.

Thank you.
The car died at the walmart exit in wallingford the last place I saw you. Had it flatbeded home and since my garage is on a hill I was unable to put it away last night. Now its under about a six foot snow drift.:rolleyes: I looked at the fuse box but didnt see one marked inj or fuel Can you give me a clue where it might be and what amp. Ill try the by pass tomorrow. Thanks again
Dave

Sure thing no problem.

Got a nice pic. of the fuse panel in the service manual in my warm basement office. :)

Actually just finished digging salvageV6 out of the snow but can't contact anyone in Cheshire at work so I'm staying here. :)

The FP/INJ fuse is a 15 ampere one half way up the fuse box left side. Next to it in the middle is the 25 ampere wiper fuse.

Just to the left of the wiper one. Use a flashlight. ;)

Good luck.

I had the same thing happen to me, driving along car died w/o warning. ZERO fuel pressure! Today I get to pick up the car with a new Red's XP pump, hot wire kit & adj fuel pressure reg. Should run much better @ higher RPM's now... does the spending ever end???

Nope, you just need to ballance the spending between keeping it on the road (Smog, insurance, worn-out items) and making it go faster!

Sure beats a car payment...