Car cutting out after 40 minutes of driving. Ign Module?

Irid

I'm having an issue with my TTA. After driving for about 40 minutes the car starts to cut out. It feels like ignition, not fuel.

Basically, I'm just cruising along at 70 or so at light, steady throttle, and then it starts to cut out and then come back. If I tip into the throttle more it only makes it worse. If I drive like grandma I can make it where I'm going. But it's really annoying, and it feels like something that will leave me on the side of the road sometime soon.

I'm thinking ignition module (car has a new coilpack, installed right before I purchased it). Doesn't throw any codes. Wires and plugs are new (few months old).

It just feels like something heat soaks, and when it does it gets ugly.

Thoughts?

First thing everyone will tell you to do is swap out the module with a known good one, good idea and it may work. I'm trying to work out the same problem with my car. It'll run good then start to cutout then more pedal equals back fire then cutout then die only to backfire then start to run again. I swapped out the coil and module only to have the same problem come back about three miles down the road. My prob is not the MAF either. After checking for stored codes (41 to be exact). My next step is to check the cam sensor wiring harness from cam sensor to ecm to module, put a meter on connection A-11 to make sure it's getting voltage should be around 6-7 volts. I'll let ya know if it works;D

Geoff

I had the same problem a couple of years ago and it was the module. It would run fine until after an hour or so then it would cut out. Eventually it would cut out so bad I had to pull over then it would die. I let it sit for a while then started it up and drove 20 miles and it started acting up again. It did this a couple of times then it was a long time before it happened again. Oh, and the module completely went out when I was 200 miles away. :mad: