Car bucking and has no power.

dyermullet

My car is bucking real bad and the car is undriveable.

I have no error codes.

The car will idle, but under acceleration the car will pull and then fall on its face. It feels like I am stabing the gas and then hitting the brakes and then stabing the gas it happens very rapidly.

The car is an 87 WE4 has stock injectors, stock turbo, stock intercooler, stock DP, 237 pressure regualtor and a Walbro 307 fuel Pump hot wired. No knock counts or poping.

Since i have had this problem I have:

Cleaned and tightened the grounds on the back of the head. That made the problem for away for 2 weeks. (drove the car 4 times)

A brand new delco module, and a new coil because my old module looked like this http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~strebs/coil/index.html
Here is my thread about the module
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120931

I have swaped the maf for a known good one, and the problem is still there.

Right now I am waiting for the motor to cool and then I am going to check out the ground on the front of the passenger side head.

Scott

I just cleaned the ground on the front of the passengerside head. And the car seems to run fine.

But I have a feeling that it isn't going to last.

What are some other things that caused your cars to do this?

Scott

Try replacing the spark plugs/wires, check your ECM too, to see if it is corroded. On TTOP cars water would leak on the connectors and corrode...

My plugs are new but my wires arn't. They are next on the list. I only checked if the connectors on the ecm were tight I havn't checked for corrosion. My car is a hard top but it is still a good idea and I will check those out tomarrow.

I will defnitly be replacing the wires.

Got anymore. These are all good suggestions.

Thanks

cough cough

Scott,I'm having the same problem. The car ran fine for 2 days and I thought it went away but today it bucked for 2 hrs. under mild acceleration. If you can figure this out PLEASE let me know. Tommy

My car had a similar problem. Every once in a while it would buck badly under mild acceleration and would run fine if I stabbed it.
It turned out to be the cam sensor cap.
Next time it does this Unplug the cam sensor and see if it goes away.

Jeff

Earlier today before you posted the car was running terrible. So I went back out and started it up and unpluged the cam sensor. The car drove great, so then I pluged it back in and it still ran great. I cleared the comptuer and had the car on and off at least 4 times and put 20 miles on it and it seems to be running perfect.

I know it isn't fixed and I have a feeling it is going to come back.

What do you think??

Scott

Maybe a bad connection.
If it happens again try the same thing and go from there.

Jeff