Can't get into trunk

trunk

Remove the rear seat an get a long rod or small chilld:p an you should be fine. Just have to turn the rod manuelly. Mike

seat

Pop the lower out an the upper unbolts where the seatbelts are bolted down so you need a torque bit. Mike

you just got this car, correct? i'd hope you didn't buy it without looking inside the trunk to at least verify that all the correct GN codes are on the SPID sticker on the bottom of the trunk lid. you can also tell a lot about the condition of the car from inside the trunk..
if this is your first older GM car, you may not know that the doors, trunk, and glovebox use a different key than the ignition. the lock key has a round head, and the ignition key has a square head.
does the round key you have unlock the doors or glovebox? if not, the PO may have given you the wrong key. first thing i'd do would be to call him and see if he still has any extra keys for the car. if that fails, pop off a door panel and take one of the door key cylinders to a locksmith and get a key made for it. you might be able to also just take the glovebox lock out and use that to get a key made. it sounde like a hassle, but i can't even imagine trying to get anyone or anything all the way to the latch on the trunk lid by going thru the back seat..
also, did you look in the glovebox to see if it has an electric release button? if it does, then it's easy to open the trunk and take out that lock cylinder to get a key made. i think you drill out one rivet and pull the retainer out and the key cyliner slodes out the back of the trunk lid.