cant do burnout...masive wheel hop

1985GN

Breaking parts
hey guys i was playing around the other day on the streets when i went ot heat up the nittos to do a launch. well i wa spooling it up to do a burnout and it just hops real bad i mean bad. now i have new shocks, air bag with 10psi, and 275 nittos, and a worn out longer pinion snubber from the hopping. would a set of traction bars or a nice set of lower control arms work good im on limited funds so if i need control arms which are more important the uppers or lowers? thanks guys this sucks that ican heat up the tires to race.

Are you only using 1 airbag? What side did you put it on?

Why not try boxing your stock lower control arms. That should help and you can buy a kit pretty cheap from HRpartsNstuff and have someone weld it up for you. Also, the snubber might actually be hurting you instead of helping. It may cause some of the bouncing, between that and the airbag not set right.

i have new shocks and springs in there. the air bag is in the passenger side. hte pinion snubber is barely there it was ground to a litle snub from all the wheel hop.

well then, the control arm bushings are prolly shot...box the lowers and put some poly bushings in.....you can do uppers "later"...they are a PITA

Shot lower control arms or a broken sway bar. Hopping isn't normal. Something is loose or broken or both. Of the two, the lowers would contribute more to the problem, if they are bad.

SNUBBERZ??

DITCH THE SNUBBER!! They were great on the old 60's leaf spring cars and have NO PLACE on a 4 link car. All you are doing is HAMMERING the crap out of the bushings by interjecting a fulcrum point into an otherwise great working suspension.

The snubber is at a point in between the ends of both the upper and lower cont. arms. When the body drops and the pinion rises and hits the snubber, it completely upsets the operation of the suspension.
Do what the others said and rebuild the rear suspension and the hop will go away...;) ;)

Boxing the lower control arms and replacing the bushings with poly cured my bad wheel hop. Cost of the poly bushings was about $100 (good for 4 arms, I sold two sets for $50). I just took the control arms into a welding shop and they cut the metal and made the couple of bends required, did a "stitch weld" and it cost me $25.