cannot get into boost?

6ix

I just did the following modefications to my 86 T-Type:
RJC Powerplate, new turbo, LT1 Maf and a Translator plus.

The car went in to the operation running perfect, once all the above parts went in car fired up nice and warmed up good. The car runs smooth and no engine light to be seen.

My problem is as soon as I hit a steady cruise speed the car stutters and misses and when I try to build any boost it really pops and stumbles.

Any suggestions??? I am kind of looking towards the translator But I had a friend set it up exactly to the instructions it came with.Any help would be appriciated.

It's the translator, I'm almost positive.

If you cut the wiring on the Translator to extend it, double and triple check it.

Check the switches on the Translator, if they are in the right position it has to be the MAF. You could have gotten a bad one, was it used?

You can put your old MAF back in and jumper the EST wires that where cut. There should have been a little jumper plug come with your tranlator.

What is the airflow reading on the scanmaster?

I'm helping tune this car and I'm 100% on the spark wiring and set up of the Translator. Switches 1-3 are ON and 4 is OFF, all other settings are set to "no change". The only possible problem that I know of would be the MAF connections, because the connectors on the end are the same and it doesn't say anywhere which pigtail goes to the MAF and which goes to the harness. That's all I can think of at this point for the tuning. We weren't able to get the Scanmaster running as it wasn't picking up the serial data stream from the ALDL port. We're gonna retry once I get a spade connector on the end of it, and failing that, I guess we'll need to try my ECM to see if it works.

What would happen if the MAF connections were screwed? I know if the spark was messed up the car wouldn't run right at all, but it idles fine and everything looks good. I'm almost thinking that when the car goes open loop, something just isn't liking something else. We've also got a new chip on the way to try out, and if it isn't in on time, we can use mine (same injectors).

Lets start at the beginning.. assuming you matched the wires like everyone is suggesting..

Check to make sure there's not a hole in a Boost Hose, or make sure that one hasnt come apart from the hard tube.. Mine came off had the same problem, and when I looked at it, it looked fine until I pulled on it to see that the tube/pipe came apart.. make sure the boost clamps are tight.. Let me know.. :D