Can you suggest a good aftermarket Cd/Mp3 unit?

OGTURBO!

OHIOAN in AZ
I want to get rid of my stock Gn radio head unit and upgrade to a cd player/mp3 unit. I don't wanna use a dash kit either if I don't have to and I know there are different sizes and depths. Anyone change theirs? Looking for a unit that fits in perfectly and I can plug my devices into. Any suggestions or model recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help

I had a kenwood excelon unit in my 1986 monte carlo with 2 6x9 rockfords on the the rear deck. Sounded more than good enough for my taste. Good bass for Simple setup no amp. But the radio had front iPod/aux hookup and bluetooth which came in handy. good luck

I have a used Kenwood KDC-x994 excelon I'd make you a deal on.. about 2 years old and in great shape. has ipod control and bluetooth as well as anything thumb drive you want to plug into a usb.

Not sure if the remote still works - i think the battery is just dead is all. just PM me.

You could buy a refurbed newer GM radio with CD and they can add an iPod/aux in put. About $400 but totally stock and no mods at all to you car.

The kenwood excelon is a good deck but I also like the alpines I have in my other cars. How I did mine in the GN was a standard (not double DIN) deck and installed a clarion graphic equalizer under it. I just took some sheet metal and affixed the kenwood deck to the eq through the original mounting holes. I did though use the faceplate adapter that came with the deck. Crutchfield gives them to you when you buy the stereo plus a pigtail that will plug right into your factory wiring harness. If you haven't bought anything yet, I would recommend them. I've been buying from them for years, and they can walk you thru about anything. Oh and back to the mounting process. When all was said and done, it all fit so well that after screwing my kenwood to the eq it was snug enough that the heater control-radio bezel held it in. At least for the last 3 years. I hope I was able to help and wasn't to late.

The kenwood excelon is a good deck but I also like the alpines I have in my other cars. How I did mine in the GN was a standard (not double DIN) deck and installed a clarion graphic equalizer under it. I just took some sheet metal and affixed the kenwood deck to the eq through the original mounting holes. I did though use the faceplate adapter that came with the deck. Crutchfield gives them to you when you buy the stereo plus a pigtail that will plug right into your factory wiring harness. If you haven't bought anything yet, I would recommend them. I've been buying from them for years, and they can walk you thru about anything. Oh and back to the mounting process. When all was said and done, it all fit so well that after screwing my kenwood to the eq it was snug enough that the heater control-radio bezel held it in. At least for the last 3 years. I hope I was able to help and wasn't to late.
RICER X any pictures of your setup?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ok I don't mean to sound stupid. But I've got an iPhone and I'm not sure how. When I try to upload, it comes up with email, messages, and two I have never even been on, twitter and Facebook. I did see on here to upload it to a file using jpeg, ect. or something like that. I'm old and unknowing.HELP! Can one of you guys PM me the how too on this. I don't want to stomp on his thread more than I have already.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 138
Just had to do a little research. Glad I went up and got this, looks like I need to do a little repair in the top right corner that I couldn't see from the drivers seat. And as an afterthought I thought you might want to see the sub box I built into the car. And with all of the audio additions, I never drilled one hole or cut one wire. That way if I ever sell it I can just unpack everything that's in airtight bags with desiccant bags, and plug it right back in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 152
Last edited: