Can you feel the difference??

Alvin

Is there a horsepower difference between spraying water and not?

Just want to know if you can actually feel it run better.. thanks

Are you talking water vs. alky? Or water/alky vs. NOTHING? I've never run water, just the straight denatured and Klotz for me (hey, I've got deep pockets, so don't give me the DIY crap You Know Who :p ) Alky doesn't make you really feel a difference just by spraying there, it DOES allow you to run insane boost on pump gas though. And yes, I can feel the difference between 16 and 21 psi for sure!! :cool:
VERY much money well spent.

i'm looking for inspiration to finish my setup

i'm just going to be spraying water.. i figured you should feel a difference because the intake temperatures should be falling alot

Alvin,

I used straight water for a period of time. Assuming you turn up the boost, which is what you want to be able to do when you inject water, you will feel a significant horsepower difference.

As a point of reference, I recall being able to run up to 21 psi boost, with a Thrasher 108 race chip using just water.

C'mon man! Finish that thing up, get out on the street and go 'steam some rice' :D !! You'll wish you did it years ago.

Originally posted by Weazel
hey, I've got deep pockets, so don't give me the DIY crap You Know Who :p :
VERY much money well spent.

OK :( I WON'T REMIND ANYBODY THAT YOU SPENT THREE TIMES WHAT I DID TO ACCOMPLISH THE SAME THING........:p

I'm not gong to be able to easily turn up the boost. My car is a roots blown LT1. it doesn't have an intercooler though

But you can get a smaller SC pulley to increase your boost, right? You can also increase your timing..in fact, you will *need* to increase your timing to ensure you don't lose power from water-only injection.

The fact that you don't have an intercooler makes it even more imperative that you employ some form of liquid injection for combustion temp control and charge cooling (assuming you want to increase your boost/timing from its current level).

on the advanced timing topic, you should be able to get a few more (as in 3-4, or more) degrees out of it, or maybe just not retard as much under boost as you have been. Could also lean the mixture out while spraying, not reccomended if you can't change fuel settings on the fly though (in case your WI system shoots craps). I pulled fuel and added timing and boost on mine, but I prolly have easier to change settings (I just push 1 button to go back to a "before WI" fuel/timing map). Have to play it safe in case of an emercency. Just a couple of options -Chuck