Can stock MAF sensor cause lean condition and sputter?

SS/GNX

Formerly NothinYet
Read my sig for my setup.

Plus, I just borrowed some 40# injectors from a friend and Eric from TT just burnt me a new chip for them.

I have already put a Fuel Pressure gauge on the car so I could see if fuel pressure was dropping or not under boost, and its not. Its maintains properly and goes up with boost.

Pump is a 255 walbro inline, so should be plenty.

I took it out last night with the new injectors in it, and still at only 14lbs of boost and my 02 millivolts were the same as with the old injectors... around 750 ish in 1st/2nd and a little knock in third!

TT makes these things ready to go most of the time, and I have less boost than what he says to run anyway.

Plus my AF on the scanmaster does reach 255.

I am wondering if maybe my MAF could cause this... i am running a rebuilt stocker.... who knows how old it is.

Im at a loss as to why I cant get enough fuel in this car.

PLUS... now... I am getting a miss/ or sputter in the upper rpms, which I didnt get with the smaller injectors! I dont get it. Nothings changed but the injectors. I checked to see how they are seated and they are all the way in and I dont seem to have any leaks.

HELP PLEASE!

Did you add fuel to the TT chip?
255 on the MAF is as good as it gets.

Were those used injectors you installed? Known good injectors or sitting a while with old gas in them? Did you have them cleaned & flowed before installation?

Hey Gary, still no good?

I would not go crazy trying to tune of that stock o2. They are not accurate and the #s will vary from car to car. How much knock are you seeing?

That downpipe hitting the frame could be the cause of all your grief. Loosen the bolts on the flange to the turbo and see if you can lift that pipe off the frame.

I have Surge's ignition simulator if you want to check out that coilpack and module.

Give me a call.

Yeah, I want to check out my coilpacks just to make sure somehow now they didnt go bad.

I think my loose tensioner bobbling around was causing some false knock too.
It was really noisy that night.

Ill give you a buzz when its not 100 degrees and humid out, and not raining.

Yeah, I want to check out my coilpacks just to make sure somehow now they didnt go bad.

I think my loose tensioner bobbling around was causing some false knock too.
It was really noisy that night.

Ill give you a buzz when its not 100 degrees and humid out, and not raining.

10-4 :biggrin: