Can someone tell me an avg. price for a 72 GS 350 Buick??

frankg

Speed Seeker!!
I'm thinking about buying this 72 GS buick. Original 350, 350 turbo 10 bolt posi car with 150,000 miles. Body is straight and not rusty interior there but needs redone. Motor runs but is old and trans slips. It is a real GS what should an around about price be??? I'll try an attach the link with pics, its not a GSX it just looks like one!! Thanks, Frank http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2420147

I had a 71 several years ago in similar shape and gave $4000 for it. I'm sure prices have gone up like everything else so if you can get it for less than $5000 you're doing good. Check real close around the back glass and radiator core support. Those are the big problem areas. Not much in the way of aftermarket sheetmetal for these cars so look it over closely.

Frank, Dewey is right on. I live in California, and am in the business, and just paid $4000 for a 70 Olds 442 that needs a lot more work than your car, HOWEVER, that sure looks like a CHEVY motor in there! Depending what you want to do with it, I wouldn't go much over $6-7,000. Ron

Ron

thin air in Tehachipi gettin to ya?
see the front mount dist? I thought it was a chevy at 1st too,
I had to look close,

car is worth 5k to 7K ( going rate, as I have observed)
but depends on how clean, ( rust, paint, interior)

(Ron, we met at Pt Fermin, wife and I were in WE4)

LOL, evidently its not only thin, but cold too! Yep, I missed that one big time. How have you guys been, good, hopefully. I was going to try and make it down for the "Dyno Day", but I'm afraid of this weather. The ole buick does not do well in the ice and snow! Fact, neither do I. LOL later,Ron

5-8000 is the going rate on 350 cars. Check over on v8buick.com and you can get a better feel for what the market is

I resemble that remark

cold and me do not agree!!
any time your headed this way, let me know, we can meet up and attend together, I always have at least one Buick running,
I live near the 215/15 split(in SanBernardino) so depending on where, you go right by here, ( unless its in LA)
stay warm, talk to you soon,
Lee