Can someone pleae explain this to me??

Umm

A contact phone number, address, email link or shopping cart would be helpful.
It's a good start, looks nice but is missing the MOST important content.

Don't we already have a crank triggered ignition? :confused: and how would
a fast start ignition make more power :confused:

Paul

80 to100 hp? Show me more....

Pronto said:
80 to100 hp? Show me more....

More info will be added to the site soon
Alot of the fastest stage 2 TR's have made the change and went faster :eek: :) :)
Ken D. was quoted as saying that changing to a flying magnet crank trigger and an msd 7al2 and a distributor adds the extra hp,it checked out on the dyno........Jeff at SPEEDSTAR MOTORSPORTS

The crank trigger ignition that came with the Buicks is a "waste spark" system, and because it triggers two plugs in series, you are limited to a small gap- less than 0.035 at high boost. This aftermarket system, and the one that Bruce built, allows a coil per plug. You can open up the gap, and get more reliable and complete ignition at high boost. But it is still hard to see how that would increase power by the amount claimed. Also not sure why you need a new trigger. The MSD system for DIS will allow a coil per plug, too, I think, and it uses the stock trigger.

Ormand said:
The crank trigger ignition that came with the Buicks is a "waste spark" system, and because it triggers two plugs in series, you are limited to a small gap- less than 0.035 at high boost. This aftermarket system, and the one that Bruce built, allows a coil per plug. You can open up the gap, and get more reliable and complete ignition at high boost. But it is still hard to see how that would increase power by the amount claimed. Also not sure why you need a new trigger. The MSD system for DIS will allow a coil per plug, too, I think, and it uses the stock trigger.

The stock trigger rings are generally off by up to 3 degs. and they are prone to slip way out of time. If two cyls. are firing 3 degs advanced, and those two are right up against their knock timing, then 4 cyls. are timed up to 3 degs retarded, where as your engine is not timed to its potential, and it for sure will not be tuned to peak power. Also if one cnp goes bad , that cyl. will flood , and that rich exhaust will hit the 02 and send the tune all out of wack.The tune will correct to lean,NOT GOOD, I believe it would be better for the one coil go bad and all the cyls shut down . There is also a point off deminishing returns on a big gap.The stock system is not very precise, can you see the lost power in the above scenerio..JEFF

gyrhead said:
It's a good start, looks nice but is missing the MOST important content.

:smile: