Can someoen tell me what the wires are?

Lvnspeeed

Attached is a picture of a plug i know it plugs into the harness behind the dash, I want to know what each wire does or goes to?

Black =
Green =
Yellow =
Black =
Brown =
Grey =
White =
Red =

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    772.1 KB · Views: 226
here you go…..i think these are them. Your colors are a little different but i think the pin location is more important. Is it an aftermarket connector or dash?

A RED= GAGES fuse Pos Feed

B White= TACH signal

C Gray= Parking Lights

D Brown = Dimmer

E Blk = Grnd

F Yellow = 5V MAP feed

G Green = MAP signal

H Black = MAP ground

Thanks. Stock connector coming out of the guage

I am replacing the factory gauge with autometer gauges Can I leave this unplugged with out any issues and tap into what I need?? Also where does the fuel level come up the the factory gauge?

Thanks. Stock connector coming out of the guage

I am replacing the factory gauge with autometer gauges Can I leave this unplugged with out any issues and tap into what I need?? Also where does the fuel level come up the the factory gauge?
Yes and fuel level is the pink wire from the factory bow/dash connector - should be pin 9/J

Grey is Dimmer (varies with dimmer switch position) and Brown is Parking lights from when I was installing my dash

Grey is Dimmer (varies with dimmer switch position) and Brown is Parking lights from when I was installing my dash

Do the wires matter more than the Pin Position? i have seen Gray and Brown wires in opposite spots on more than one plug….. i figured pin position was more important but maybe the wire is what matters…. i have to find my multi meter and check i guess...

Thanks guys but I have another question.

The optical pickup in the speedo what are the 3 wires? Black Green red/black What do each one do?. I know i need an optical pick from autometer to work with my Autometer speedo but I need to know what wire tell the ECU how fast the car is going.

Thanks again for the help.

Try this:

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1397692122014.jpg
    1397692122014.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 114
I looked through the whole service manual and it doesn't show what those three wires are. If i had to guess Black would be Ground, Green would be signal and Red/Black would be power.
I have an aftermarket gauge too and where i got the speed signal from is exactly where Precizion posted… its the Brown wire from the harness that connects to the VSS Buffer. If i had to guess, you should probably be able to get your signal there as well.

aaron

Cant remember where I found that info at, but I used it when I installed my dash recently. Originally I thought you wanted to know what the wires were on the other side of the buffer unit