Can NGK's AFX wideband work with the MAFTPRO?

turbobuick1

Anybody who has experience or knowledge pertaining to this, please post any info/ideas you have.

There is SO much information and opinions out there concerning widebands, but after hours of research I've decided I would like to use NGK's Powerdex AFX wideband. Apparently, it is the best of the "budget" (say anything under $400) wideband units, in terms of accuracy, reliability, etc.

Anyway, I don't want to start a debate about who has the best wideband, I just want to know if you can make a wideband other than Zeitronix ZT2, LC1, Dynojet, LM1, TechEdgeAEM, work with the MAFTPRO.

Here is some output info on the AFX:

A: Yes, the AFX has a 0 ~ 5V, linear analog output for AFR that can be used as an input to an engine controller or data acquisition system. The analog output signal wire is yellow and is attached to terminal position 3 of the connector that plugs into the controller. The analog output ground wire is brown and is attached to terminal position 4 of the same connector. An output of 0V means 9.00:1 AFR and an output of 5V means 16.00:1 AFR.

A BIG thanks to anyone who can help me out.

Also, if someone is running the AFX with some other engine management system, I'd be interested in your experience with the unit.

Afx

I use an AFX on my dyno and also in my racecar with no problems at all. The signal output is very stable an repetitive, well worth the money.

I use an AFX on my dyno and also in my racecar with no problems at all. The signal output is very stable an repetitive, well worth the money.

Thanks for your response, that's what I like to hear! Hopefully someone else can share their experience, and maybe how this will work with a MAFTPRO.

Also mvperformance, do you have any preference on the 02 sensor itself? It's to my understanding that the AFX unit will work with either the Bosch or NGK/NTK 02 sensor, but that the latter is a more durable unit with better accuracy across it's lifespan. Course, it's 2.5x the price of the Bosch so I would have to justify that if I decided on the NGK/NTK wideband 02.

Thanks Bob! Appreciate your response. I understand if you are very busy, and I am in no rush for this, but when you get a chance, I am still interested in those wheels.

Thanks again!